Atari I/O Retro Junk Box 2!

Ok, I now y'all have been waiting. At some point this weekend I plan to make a video and push out the box on Monday.

Sweet! I'm next!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Karateka is a fantastic game, slightly better on the 8-bit home computers (C64/Atari 800/Apple II), but really only because it's harder to play with a 7800 pro-line controller. If you have the Europad, it may play better, but still a great 7800 game! The Jag demo disc is of the unreleased Jag game Native, and is incredible looking. Only one level and no sound, but I've never even gotten to the end of the one level. Awesome demo though.  You will need a bypass cart from B&C, Protector SE game with bypass built in, or Reboot's down-loadable CD bypass option on CD to play that Jag demo. Cabbage Patch Kids is a Colecovison cart I have too, I have about a half dozen, but still no system myself either. I do have the CV flashback, but no CPK on it. I'm also interested in a Smurfs CV game cart I have, again, not on the flashback.

It's very interesting to see some of the stuff people include, and I am looking forward to get in on the next round! I've got some cool vintage game/computer mags I can throw in along with other goodies. I was also a huge fan of 'Choose Your Own Adventure' books when I was young, I read about the first 100-150 then sort of out-grew them (at least I thought I did at the time), but they made hundreds more after my day, so it would be interesting to see what I missed. Great haul!

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

FYI- For those keeping track at home, the box weighed around 11 pounds when it left No Swear Manor!

If the post office is accurate, it will arrive at the next destination tomorrow.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I just noticed I'm already over 100 posts, this one is 109...man I can't believe I post as much as I do, actually. Just goes to show the total lack of a life I have since moving. Guess it's time to get a life. :nintendo_mario_freezie:

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

FYI- For those keeping track at home, the box weighed around 11 pounds when it left No Swear Manor!

If the post office is accurate, it will arrive at the next destination tomorrow.

Which will be here in Louisiana! 

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

The box made it safely to Louisiana!! Wow......the stuff that is packed in this is insane! So much in the box - all I can say is, ya'll must be good at Tetris! to get everything to fit in there like that without much room to spare!

I took pics of the outside of the box (in great shape) and the inside (before pulling everything out), and pics of everything that was in there. Now I just need to figure out what I'm keeping and putting in to send to Row. 

The box made it safely to Louisiana!! Wow......the stuff that is packed in this is insane! So much in the box - all I can say is, ya'll must be good at Tetris! to get everything to fit in there like that without much room to spare!

I had the box all packed up tightly...and then I made my videos which meant unpacking the box again.

Except I forgot exactly how I fit everything in. :unsure:

Needless to say, repacking it seemed to take me an extra 10-15 minutes.

One time I finally had everything fitting again.....and then I saw an extra game laying on my table. :mellow:

Anyway, I really looking forward to seeing what you take out  :D

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I had the box all packed up tightly...and then I made my videos which meant unpacking the box again.

Except I forgot exactly how I fit everything in. :unsure:

Needless to say, repacking it seemed to take me an extra 10-15 minutes.

One time I finally had everything fitting again.....and then I saw an extra game laying on my table. :mellow:

Anyway, I really looking forward to seeing what you take out  :D

When I first packed it to leave, I used a large priority shipping box instead of a flat rate box to figure out what I was going to send out.

Needless to say some of the things I took pics of didn't make in the flat rate. ;)

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I took pics of the outside of the box (in great shape) and the inside (before pulling everything out), and pics of everything that was in there. Now I just need to figure out what I'm keeping and putting in to send to Row. 

You dont have to take pics of everything that was in there if you don't want to, just make sure to snap what you put in and take out. :)

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

still deciding what I want to take out - and had to work a 1/2 day today too....... I'm trying to figure out some of the items.........

I'm looking to send it out early next week since the holidays are going on right now.  :thumb:

OK.....here's what I took out:

2600 carts: Home Run, International Soccer, Pac Man, Laser Blast, Space Jockey, Sears: Target Fun, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
INTV carts: Donkey Kong, Tron, Skiing, Burgertime, Star Strike
NES carts: Seicross & T2: Judgement Day
M Network catalog 
NES Tengen Pac-Man manual 
Fluxx card game

post-52-0-94125900-1448947809_thumb.jpg

Archived