An Evening with George Plimpton

The Professor

"Mr. Intellivision" is likely one of the lesser titles to have been bestowed upon this man of many great works and a hell of an interesting life. For those of you with the interest, I present to you "An Evening with George Plimpton", a look back at the life and achievements of author and participatory journalist George Plimpton.

Plimpy is a fascinating guy.   I wish he would have narrated more documentaries. :)

In recent years, I've heard many people second guessing INTV's choice of Plimps as their spokesman, but I thought it was a great move for the campaign that they wanted to push.  They wanted his sports expertise to highlight their sports titles, they wanted his level of sophistication to make the Intellivision seem a cut above Atari.   

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Well, technology-wise, the Intellivision is a cut above Atari. Just look at their respective baseball games. Mattel's is leagues better than the Atari's.

Indeed.  Intellivision certainly went at them hard with the straight up comparisons.   Had they been able to compare better on the price point, the game might have been different.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Archived