Thrift Store Finds

RickR

Not Goodwill. This is my modest haul from today's citywide garage sale.

DK Bongos for the Gamecube, Fable: The Journey for Xbox 360, and Jade Empire for the Xbox.

The white computer-like device on the left is a V-Tech Smart Start Speller from the mid to late '80s. I especially like that faux floppy disk drive it has.

The black thing on the right that looks like a calculator is a Unisonic 21 "Jimmy the Greek" Blackjack game/calculator, from 1977. As the picture shows, it still mostly works, but some of the keys appear to be broken. I believe it's now the oldest handheld in my collection.

post-434-0-22775200-1541224870_thumb.jpg

Edited by LeeJ07

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

As promised, here is a picture of my great find from earlier today.

It's a Coleco Telstar Classic Pong console, CIB, with instruction manual and original power cord. I got the whole thing for just $20.

This is the first Pong Console in my collection.

No idea yet if it actually works, though.

post-434-0-97765000-1541388288_thumb.jpg

I found this at Goodwill earlier this month, still sealed:

20181122_232256.jpg.0d55b06b78d538b3363af08d18ee5efb.jpg

After putting it together, I found it came with this Flappy Bird game already installed:

20181106_131411.thumb.jpg.64f921d89491587e1a9aa15ec426bf02.jpg

It uses an Arduino Uno microcontroller, which I wasn't familiar with before, but I'm enjoying programming for it. I was hoping to also find some coding projects for this particular kit online, but pretty much all I've found so far are the example projects provided by the company. Right now I'm working on a program inspired by an Apple II game I used to play called "Caverns of Callisto". The 8x8 screen is a bit of a limitation, but that's not about to stop me!

Edited by RadioPoultry
Duplicate images

On 11/23/2018 at 2:44 AM, RadioPoultry said:

I found this at Goodwill earlier this month, still sealed:

After putting it together, I found it came with this Flappy Bird game already installed

It uses an Arduino Uno microcontroller, which I wasn't familiar with before, but I'm enjoying programming for it. I was hoping to also find some coding projects for this particular kit online, but pretty much all I've found so far are the example projects provided by the company. Right now I'm working on a program inspired by an Apple II game I used to play called "Caverns of Callisto". The 8x8 screen is a bit of a limitation, but that's not about to stop me!

This is actually really cool. Love the arduino. 

Edited by leolinden

Retro obsessed dude

8 hours ago, kamakazi20012 said:

That Jungle Green N64 is extremely rare.  Hang on to it.  We have the grape one.  Those are really cool.  Controller looks to be in great shape.

That's awesome. I dont think I've seen the grape one in person before only pics on the internet. Yea I dont plan to get rid of this one anytime soon. The controller is in pretty good shape. The stick is a little loose (7/10) 

Edited by jmjustin6

Sticks are easily replaced and not too terribly expensive.  We got lucky...our grape one felt barely used.  We use it but we are babying it as much as possible.  I'm glad we have the usual standard issue N64 to help keep wear and tear off of the grape model.  But you got lucky, too.  $20 for any colored N64 is a steal.  Might as well used the five finger discount card.  LOL

On 11/29/2018 at 9:35 AM, jmjustin6 said:

Awesome goodwill score yesterday! Jungle green N64 for $20!! With all the hookups and a controller. Never thought I would own any of the colored N64s. 

20181128_191258.jpg

I am SOOOO jealous. I've been wanting to get an N64 for awhile, but I can't find any good ones for less than $30.