Thrift Store Finds

RickR

Some of my finds over the last month or so:

20190211_130314.thumb.jpg.7dd29a80712f32b971b77ac09bd25616.jpg

Picked up these GameCube games in a Pasco, WA Goodwill. I still need to find a GameCube memory card for my Wii, but I have a couple controllers, at least.

20190211_124946.thumb.jpg.b011390b11949fe620b0477f4d4ee2ad.jpg

Found these two Competion-Pro joysticks at a Goodwill in Hermiston, OR. Haven't tested them out yet.  I assume they were designed for the 2600 and the two buttons serve the same function,  but it would be nice if they supported the 7800's 2nd button. We'll see!

20190211_124802.thumb.jpg.467d494e6ea17570d505289d19dde849.jpg

And I found these at a Idaho Youth Ranch thrift store in Boise. (I discovered there's a lot of thrift stores in Boise. I only had time to stop by a couple, though.)

Edited by RadioPoultry

This item is pretty old, but I've been looking for one for a long time with no luck.  It's the Ms. Pac Man plug and play and it has the twisty knob for Pole Position control.  It also has the little game key slot, but no cartridge (dang it). 

It had really old and dead batteries within, but I wasn't able to open it at Goodwill.  I took a chance (only $5), and when I got home, the batteries were ancient.  One had leaked, but not bad.  I got it cleaned up pretty easily and it works fine. 

ms pac man 003.JPG

On 2/11/2019 at 3:26 PM, RadioPoultry said:

Some of my finds over the last month or so:

20190211_130314.thumb.jpg.7dd29a80712f32b971b77ac09bd25616.jpg

Picked up these GameCube games in a Pasco, WA Goodwill. I still need to find a GameCube memory card for my Wii, but I have a couple controllers, at least.

20190211_124946.thumb.jpg.b011390b11949fe620b0477f4d4ee2ad.jpg

Found these two Competion-Pro joysticks at a Goodwill in Hermiston, OR. Haven't tested them out yet.  I assume they were designed for the 2600 and the two buttons serve the same function,  but it would be nice if they supported the 7800's 2nd button. We'll see!

20190211_124802.thumb.jpg.467d494e6ea17570d505289d19dde849.jpg

And I found these at a Idaho Youth Ranch thrift store in Boise. (I discovered there's a lot of thrift stores in Boise. I only had time to stop by a couple, though.)

I am SOOOO jealous of that Paper Mario. I have been coveting that game for years, but the prices it goes for online would make your eyes bleed. 

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

On 2/14/2019 at 7:38 PM, RickR said:

This item is pretty old, but I've been looking for one for a long time with no luck.  It's the Ms. Pac Man plug and play and it has the twisty knob for Pole Position control.  It also has the little game key slot, but no cartridge (dang it). 

It had really old and dead batteries within, but I wasn't able to open it at Goodwill.  I took a chance (only $5), and when I got home, the batteries were ancient.  One had leaked, but not bad.  I got it cleaned up pretty easily and it works fine. 

ms pac man 003.JPG

I have that. It's great. Only downside is it doesn't save high scores. Later models do.

It's the library near my house.  They have a little "for sale" area with books, DVD's, VHS, CD's, audiobooks, etc....everything is 50 cents.  Once in a while, they have video games.  I scoop them up.  I've gotten a lot of sports games and such. 

So, Dad and I were out in town running an errand, when we spotted a thrift store we'd never seen before. (I'm assuming it must be fairly new.)

Went in, didn't find much at first. I was looking for video games, only found a couple PS2 titles, some old PC games, and one single PSP game. Also found a USB floppy disk drive from Sony, which I snapped up.

Anyway, we were about to leave, and I'd brought everything to the counter, when I suddenly remembered I hadn't checked the toy section. I go over to the toy shelf, spotted FIVE Easy Bake Ovens (jeez), and was about to go back to the counter, when I looked down at the floor.

There it was... A NINTENDO 64. I couldn't believe my eyes! I grabbed it up, ran to the two cashiers, who was ringing up my other stuff, and said, "This, too! I gotta have it!" The younger cashier and I talked about Goldeneye and Mario Kart.

The N64 cost a grand total of $4, included the power brick, AND IT WORKS.

Now I just need a controller.

IMG_20190813_151112469.jpg

IMG_20190813_151058033.jpg

This was mentioned by someone on the AtariAge FB group, but someone also tagged me to tell me about it as well. It has been a long time since I bought anything from a thrift store, but one of these from the local Salvation Army...

SA_COUCH.thumb.jpg.36d697ac2efe4c52b4083382c87bd6b5.jpg

Now resides here...

ITC_LS_NL.thumb.jpg.a1b56c50158a697adcd2071ce0f9e3fb.jpg

... at the Ivory Tower Collections game room.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

1 hour ago, CrossBow said:

This was mentioned by someone on the AtariAge FB group, but someone also tagged me to tell me about it as well. It has been a long time since I bought anything from a thrift store, but one of these from the local Salvation Army...

SA_COUCH.thumb.jpg.36d697ac2efe4c52b4083382c87bd6b5.jpg

Now resides here...

ITC_LS_NL.thumb.jpg.a1b56c50158a697adcd2071ce0f9e3fb.jpg

... at the Ivory Tower Collections game room.

Hey, that was me!  So cool. 

I was tagged by a friend of mine that lives in Dallas. He first found out about it from a completely different FB group he is a member of that features pics people take of crazy stuff they find or see in Thrift stores. Anyway, once that original group posted that it was a salvation army in Tulsa (where the ITC exists..), he tagged me and other collects in this area about it. Since the nearest SA was literally only 1.5 miles from my work office, I went there after work and sure enough there they both were. 20min later one of them was loaded up in my little work S10 and headed home with me. 

The story of the one you see posted doesn't quite end there. It met with a horrible accident when the wife came home. I spent the rest of Friday night and all day Saturday getting some lumber and channeling my inner carpenter skills to fix it hehe!

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

N64 is a great console for it's time and still holds up well today.  The last cartridge-based console.  I personally never played Super Smash Bros. yet but do remember losing most of my early 20's playing Rush 2, F-Zero X, and most titles by Rare.  I eventually grabbed Super Mario 64 which is really good but, alas, all that got traded off years ago.  I now have another N64 with expansion pak and two games...both of which I never had before.  Dr Mario 64 and Star Wars Rogue Squadron.  Both are fun games but I do miss those N64 racing games.  

Forgot to post this last week but I found an odyssey 2 in the box. Price on it was $90 me and the cashier both thought that was crazy. She suggested I talk to one of the cooler managers and he took $40 off. So I was happy with that. 

Today i found the killing joke (havent read or seen the movie yet) at goodwill  range up for $1.50. I have heard amazing things about this one. Finally the last goodwill I stopped at today didnt see much but as I was leaving this thing cought my eyes. It's Mr. Pickles! The cashier gave me the strangest look and was studdering her words the whole time. 

20190902_143546.jpg

20190902_143601.jpg

20190902_143616.jpg

20190902_100806.jpg

received_584003672004491.jpeg