Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

International Play Your Vectrex Day (Nov 1st)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,158 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:34 AM

http://vectrex.wikia...our_Vectrex_Day

On the Vector gaming forums, founder VectorX would post occasional milestones the forums had reached. On one post in particular, he stated that right before the one year anniversary of the forums (on September 10, 2012), the site had hit 4,000 posts. Forum member gamezone responded (possibly as a joke) that September 10 should be known as National Play Your Vectrex Day. VectorX figured that it should be known as an international day to include Vectrex owners all around the world, which the idea took off from there, resulting in the date being settled on later as November 1, 2012 (as the month of November also marked the 30th anniversary of the Vectrex's release in the United States). This Day has been repeated every year since.

http://www.rfgenerat...y-2015-3146.php

Attached Thumbnails

• Vectrexday2.jpg

• AtariBrian likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#2 chas10e

chas10e

Pretzel Member

• 378 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

playin' some Berzerk on my Vectrex :berzerk: ... got past the 5,000 mark & didn't crash ...I didn't notice anything about bonus points 

gallery_823_8_646107.jpg

• RickR, Arenafoot and LeeJ07 like this

#3 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,641 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

Here we go.  Played some Vectrex on Vectrex day.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20151101_154246.jpg
  • 20151101_153856.jpg

• Justin, Arenafoot and chas10e like this

#4 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,158 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:38 PM

playin' some Berzerk on my Vectrex :berzerk: ... got past the 5,000 mark & didn't crash ...I didn't notice anything about bonus points 

sweet setup and collection........... you've never had Berzerk crash on you at all?

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#5 chas10e

chas10e

Pretzel Member

• 378 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:59 PM

sweet setup and collection........... you've never had Berzerk crash on you at all?

I've only recently got the unit ( mebbe two years ago ) & hadn't really tried to play til it crashed ....

I did notice it sounded like it was struggling in the 7K range with a LOT of robots on the screen furiously firing at times .... 

8K is my highest score so far on it

it IS a Hong Kong unit from only 1 previous owner who took good care of it :wub:

#6 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,158 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:41 PM

Happy Birthday Vectrex!

http://www.syfygames...kscottpatterson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users