Atari I/O Secret Santa 2015!

Justin

:mac_alert:  HO! HO! HO! I'm pleased to announce Atari I/O Secret Santa 2015!!

This will be our First Annual Atari I/O Secret Santa! Here are the basics:

• $30 maximum spend on gifts

• Please wrap your presents! Let's make this fun!

• Gift items must be pertinent to classic video games or retro culture

• If you would like to participate, you must sign up by Thursday, November 26, 2015

• Package must be delivered no later than Wednesday, December 23, 2015

If you'd like to participate, post a message here saying that you want in and list the video game systems you own. The last day to sign up is Atari Day, Thursday, November 26, 2015. (It also happens to be Thanksgiving  ^_^ ) Names will be assigned by impartial Moderators. Once you make a post stating that you'd like to participate, DeLorean or The Professor will PM you with your Secret Santa information no later than Black Friday, November 27, 2015.

Special thanks to Rowsdower70 and StormSurge! Atari I/O Secret Santa was initially proposed by Rowsdower70 and StormSurge, they will elaborate on the details below and will be active in helping out with the event.

Happy Holidays to All!  :mr_t:

Justin

atari_christmas.jpg

Being all about the retro games, do these Items need to be new?

No. Gift items can be used or refurbished so long as they meet the criteria above as being around $30. 

Also, it doesn't need to be just one gift. Your Secret Santa package can be made up of more than one gift, so long as their total value is around $30 and so long as you've done something that you think is magical and special. Please don't send a box of "junk" though. Secret Santa should be different from the Retro Junk Box.

Side note on gift wrapping: It's preferable that the presents you send are gift wrapped. We really want this to feel like something special. However, it would be okay to send an item without gift wrapping if you were ordering a present from an Atari vendor, Amazon or eBay and wanted to have it shipped directly to your person's house as opposed to paying twice for shipping. We would encourage you to gift wrap your presents though.

:invader:

It sounds like the details have been covered pretty well by Justin!

I was part of a Secret Santa program on another forum that was successful for almost ten years. This is going to be run a little differently but I'm quite confident it will be more successful.

I would simply suggest being as detailed as possible when stating what you'd like to receive. List your t-shirt sizes and anything you would like, no matter how ridiculous it may seem. Some of our posters can find lots of treasures on a shoestring budget.

This is going to be great! Thanks guys!!!

I'm IN!   

I guess it would be wise to list some ideas for our Santas, but I'm not a picky man and love to see what people come up with.

That being said, systems I own:   Intellivision (with System Changer for 2600 games), Sega, NES, SNES, GBA.    GBA and 2600 being the games I'm lacking on the most.

Clothing size:  Dont get me clothes. :)  Just being honest about that one.  

I love anything Tron related, anything D&D related, and MST3K related.

That should be plenty of ideas, but I also love ca$h!  (kidding)

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I MIGHT be able to do this... I don't know though. Shipping and crap. 

Ditto......will see later.

I see the "other" Atari website just started theirs after a one year hiatus.... B)  

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

I'm really sorry, I've thought long and hard, but I've decided not to participate.  Rather than say nothing, I thought I'd at least explain.  The holidays are not a good time of year for me.  You ever watched "The Charlie Brown Christmas"?  Well, that depiction of Chuck is pretty much me during this time of year.  Except add a ton of adult stress and goofy family dynamics. 

I need for nothing.  So in lieu of participating in this, I've donated $25 to my local food bank.  Also, I'm giving little gifts here and there on this board as I see stuff on people's want-lists that I can provide.  I hope that's OK.  Don't want to bring anyone else down, but that's the best I can do.

Thanks everyone.  To everyone here, have a wonderful Thanksgiving and holiday season!  Game on!  I honestly think this is a great idea, and thanks to those who put it together and are participating. 

post-41-0-78077200-1447264625_thumb.jpg

Would like to participate i have afew thing that i havent gotten rid off so hopefully someone out there can use some duplicate games i have. My consoles nes snes sega megadrive sega mark III atari 2600 7800 5200 intellivision colecovision ps1 ps2 ps3 xbox 360 gamecube wii famicom. Gameboy gameboy advance 3ds Any game will do for any system listed above just no sports games thanks.

Just a reminder: Sign-up is open through November 26th (Thanksgiving). Later that night or the following morning we will be sending out PMs with the information you'll need pertaining to who you will be buying for, what their mailing address is, a link to their want list, etc. As long as you've posted in this thread stating you want to be a part of Secret Santa we will be sure to include you. If you've posted a link to your want list in this thread, we will make sure to share that with your Secret Santa too.

If you have never received buttons or won a prize from Atari I/O please PM me with your Mailing Address!

Thanks!

I'm going to think hard on this one guys. I do like to give more than receive and like was mentioned in the Atari day thread on the 26th of the month about engaging people in conversations about Atari and going the extra mile by loaning stuff out, I have done that on my own in the past. I gave away, for keeps, a complete refurbished 5200 and all the top games to a friend who saw it and how much he loved his as a kid and wished he still had it...gave it to him as a moving away present, though I was the one moving away. I did a similar thing with a Flashback 2 unit when the guy told me he remembered his 2600 fondly and he was in bad way financially with nothing to do at home. I love doing that stuff. I am just not sure if I can do it this year as I recently moved and probably won't be fully settled into my new life and home until after the holidays. But I have good stuff on hand, but not sure if I'd end up with the right person to match the stuff. But I may be able to swing a purchase still, I will post yay or nay on the 26th. I LOVE the idea, as well as the junk-box and 26th Atari day stuff!

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

okay guys, here's where we stand as of this afternoon 11/25/15:

CONFIRMED YES:

Rowsdower70

StormSurge

AlamoAtari

Retrogamer81081

correagonzalez

CONFIRMED NO:

leolinden

RickR

No Swear Gamer

Bakerman

AtariBrian

Don't forget we need your name and mailing address for you to join in! If you haven't received a prize from us or a set of buttons, we don't have your address.

Archived