Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Atari I/O Secret Santa 2015!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 The Professor

The Professor

• 1,031 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

Just a reminder: Sign-up is open through November 26th (Thanksgiving). Later that night or the following morning we will be sending out PMs with the information you'll need pertaining to who you will be buying for, what their mailing address is, a link to their want list, etc. As long as you've posted in this thread stating you want to be a part of Secret Santa we will be sure to include you. If you've posted a link to your want list in this thread, we will make sure to share that with your Secret Santa too.

If you have never received buttons or won a prize from Atari I/O please PM me with your Mailing Address!

Thanks!

• MaximumRD, RickR, Rowsdower70 and 1 other like this

#22 Bakerman

Bakerman

Orange Member

• 235 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:51 PM

I'm going to think hard on this one guys. I do like to give more than receive and like was mentioned in the Atari day thread on the 26th of the month about engaging people in conversations about Atari and going the extra mile by loaning stuff out, I have done that on my own in the past. I gave away, for keeps, a complete refurbished 5200 and all the top games to a friend who saw it and how much he loved his as a kid and wished he still had it...gave it to him as a moving away present, though I was the one moving away. I did a similar thing with a Flashback 2 unit when the guy told me he remembered his 2600 fondly and he was in bad way financially with nothing to do at home. I love doing that stuff. I am just not sure if I can do it this year as I recently moved and probably won't be fully settled into my new life and home until after the holidays. But I have good stuff on hand, but not sure if I'd end up with the right person to match the stuff. But I may be able to swing a purchase still, I will post yay or nay on the 26th. I LOVE the idea, as well as the junk-box and 26th Atari day stuff!

• Rowsdower70, StormSurge and Retrogamer81081 like this
"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)
"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)
"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

#23 The Professor

The Professor

• 1,031 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:18 PM

Just a few days left to sign up! If you'd like to participate in Secret Santa please let us know before Thanksgiving :)
  • Rowsdower70 and LeeJ07 like this

#24 The Professor

The Professor

• 1,031 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

:mac_alert:  Today is the last day to sign up for Secret Santa! 

• StormSurge likes this

#25 DeLorean

DeLorean

• 385 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:36 PM

okay guys, here's where we stand as of this afternoon 11/25/15:

CONFIRMED YES:
Rowsdower70
StormSurge
AlamoAtari
Retrogamer81081
correagonzalez

CONFIRMED NO:
leolinden
RickR
No Swear Gamer
Bakerman
AtariBrian

Don't forget we need your name and mailing address for you to join in! If you haven't received a prize from us or a set of buttons, we don't have your address.
  • RickR and StormSurge like this

#26 Retrogamer81081

Retrogamer81081

Apple Member

• 562 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:17 PM

Oh crap I never sent my mailing address to you. PM incoming!:) Sorry about that.
  • The Professor and DeLorean like this

#27 DeLorean

DeLorean

• 385 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 02:36 PM

Waiting on a few more addresses and then we'll send out info on everyones secret santa!

#28 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:10 PM

Jingle bells!!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#29 The Professor

The Professor

• 1,031 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:32 PM

Okay all addresses are in order and Secret Santa is go for launch! You can expect a PM from us soon!
  • StormSurge likes this

#30 DeLorean

DeLorean

• 385 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:51 PM

All Secret Santa info has been sent out! Those of you who signed up should have gotten a PM from me with your Secret Santa info in it. Please PM me or The Professor if you have any questions. Don't forget to wrap presents!

:spot:  :party:

• The Professor, RickR, StormSurge and 1 other like this

#31 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:17 PM

woohooo!  I hope my secret santa partner has been a good boy/girl, I got em something cool ;)

• The Professor likes this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#32 Retrogamer81081

Retrogamer81081

Apple Member

• 562 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:26 PM

I finished my shopping for my SS recipient!! :D

Edited by Retrogamer81081, 28 November 2015 - 10:27 PM.

• Justin and The Professor like this

#33 Retrogamer81081

Retrogamer81081

Apple Member

• 562 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:34 PM

Also I forgot to include. To whoever was assigned with me. My video game consoles I currently own are listed in my profile page and also my game room photos are posted in the game room forum. It should help out in selecting games or hardware.
  • Justin and The Professor like this

#34 Retrogamer81081

Retrogamer81081

Apple Member

• 562 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:16 PM

On my way to the post office kiosk to mail out my lucky recipient's gift. That person will enjoy their gifts!! :)
  • Justin, The Professor, RickR and 1 other like this

#35 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,124 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:06 AM

Gift ordered for my recipient!

• The Professor, RickR and Retrogamer81081 like this

#36 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,124 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:50 PM

Gift is on it's way to me! I can't wait to send it out!

• The Professor, RickR and Rowsdower70 like this

#37 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:03 PM

I'm just sweating it out, hoping it gets here in time! 

• The Professor likes this

#38 Retrogamer81081

Retrogamer81081

Apple Member

• 562 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

Getting a little PO'D I sent my recipient's gift out late Sunday Night and it's due yesterday?!?! And why hasen't it been departed when I pay for 2 day Priority Mail? i hate the USPS!!! I better hope they don't ruin my Secret Santa and turn me into a scrooge! :angry:

Screenshot_2015-12-03-17-46-06.png

Edited by Retrogamer81081, 03 December 2015 - 07:52 PM.

#39 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,176 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:26 PM

not surprised........no movement at all....thats USPS for you  :pile:

• Retrogamer81081 likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#40 Retrogamer81081

Retrogamer81081

Apple Member

• 562 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:20 PM

not surprised........no movement at all....thats USPS for you  :pile:

images (2).jpg
  • Arenafoot, StormSurge and AlamoAtari like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users