Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Portland Retro Gaming Expo: Hacked carts, Tetris battles, and Atari legends

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

Portland Retro Gaming Expo: Hacked carts,Tetris battles, and Atari legends

IMG_6650-980x1470.jpg

http://arstechnica.c...-atari-legends/

• greenween, nosweargamer and AlamoAtari like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#2 AlamoAtari

AlamoAtari

Apple Member

• 510 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:03 PM

Man what a great deal fill a bag for 5 bucks, no wonder all those people are there.
  • greenween, Arenafoot, nosweargamer and 1 other like this

#3 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,168 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:09 PM

Man what a great deal fill a bag for 5 bucks, no wonder all those people are there.

I never even noticed that sign until now .....Wow that was a deal!

• greenween and nosweargamer like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#4 TrekMD

TrekMD

Pretzel Member

• 391 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

Is anyone planning to attend PRGE 2017?  It doesn't seem the date for the event has been set yet.  I went last year for the first time and am really thinking of attending again this year.  It was fun!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

#5 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,709 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:20 PM

Is anyone planning to attend PRGE 2017?  It doesn't seem the date for the event has been set yet.  I went last year for the first time and am really thinking of attending again this year.  It was fun!

I am. 

#6 TrekMD

TrekMD

Pretzel Member

• 391 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:45 PM

Cool.  I'm waiting for them to post the dates for this year to see if I can go.

• RickR likes this

#7 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 175 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:22 PM

Is anyone planning to attend PRGE 2017? It doesn't seem the date for the event has been set yet. I went last year for the first time and am really thinking of attending again this year. It was fun!

I might. Depends if my buddy is going to be a vendor there or not.

#8 TrekMD

TrekMD

Pretzel Member

• 391 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:12 PM

Well, I am going to PRGE this year.  It was a great even to visit last year so I decided to experience it again.  I just got my flight reservations done as well as my hotel reservations. This year I'm staying at the Inn at the Convention Center.  Much closer to the convention center and the price is not bad. 

• RickR likes this

#9 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,709 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:36 PM

I will be there too.  Staying at my house, which is also priced pretty well. 

• TrekMD likes this

#10 TrekMD

TrekMD

Pretzel Member

• 391 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:53 PM

I will be there too.  Staying at my house, which is also priced pretty well. 

LOL, oh yes, no doubt!

• RickR likes this

#11 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,168 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:38 AM

Cool.  I'm waiting for them to post the dates for this year to see if I can go.

They have it listed as Oct 20-22, 2017. And the Houston ArcadeExpo had to move their dates from the 2nd weekend in November to the same weekend in Oct. as PRGE due to a hotel booking screw-up. So, most of the people who go to both (I.E. - AA, Darrell Spice Jr., etc) will be at PRGE and not HAAG this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users