Games for Trade

RickR

On 11/27/2014 at 1:53 PM, RickR said:

Hi everyone -- Just wanted to let folks know that even if you don't have anything to trade, if you see something you like on the lists, please just message and ask.  I'm sure we can work something out.  The point is the spread the fun of collecting and playing retro gaming systems.  New or old to the hobby, all are welcome!

I love this attitude of a community. I was talking with some people (not on here) who were treating their love of Atari like a competition and not being at all helpful or friendly. They reminded me of a grumpy old lady who wouldn’t share a recipe. 😁

6 hours ago, Duckie25 said:

I love this attitude of a community. I was talking with some people (not on here) who were treating their love of Atari like a competition and not being at all helpful or friendly. They reminded me of a grumpy old lady who wouldn’t share a recipe.

I know @Justin will be happy to hear that.  We all love Atari here.  I love all video games but Atari things take top dog here.  We enjoy playing the games to enjoy them but a little friendly competition is just that...to be friendly.  It's not about winning or losing...it's how you play the game.  They are a form of entertainment...they are meant to be enjoyed.  No one should get hurt in any way playing these games.  We should all live to see another day after playing a game and with a satisfied smile on our faces.  

Atari I/O is my online home.  I've visited others similar but left due to all the negativity and drama.  That doesn't exist here and I hope it stays that way.  Grumpy old lady that wouldn't share a recipe?  That sounds like my Grandmother.  God love her.  "How'd you make that, Granny?"  Her answer?  "Oh and pinch of this and a handful of that."  Yea...that's what I thought.  But she could make the best chocolate food items you ever put in your mouth.  

And while I'm here my nephews say "Hi!"

7 hours ago, Duckie25 said:

I love this attitude of a community. I was talking with some people (not on here) who were treating their love of Atari like a competition and not being at all helpful or friendly. They reminded me of a grumpy old lady who wouldn’t share a recipe. 😁

100% my friend. This response is what's up. Enjoy your stay and a wicked huge welcome!

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!