Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

ATARI DAY! - Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 26, 2015

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

12241492_986271844749633_257652096083336

ATARI DAY! - Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 26, 2015

This month Atari Day falls on Thanksgiving! It’s an extra special opportunity to share the fun and joy of Atari with those around us. 

Usually for Atari Day we do something like wear an Atari shirt to work or school to spark interest in classic gaming. Since Atari Day falls on Thanksgiving this month, let’s do something special to share Atari with those we love most! One idea is to have an Atari set up under the TV this Thanksgiving, with all of your favorite classic games ready to play! 

If you’re having family and friends over for the holiday, it could be fun to play a few rounds of Warlords, Space Invaders, Galaga or Ms. Pac-Man with the ones you love! Even if you’re not having a big crowd, it’s still a great time to enjoy the World of Atari.

Sharing Atari fun with your kids, spouse, siblings or parents is what it’s all about! Even if your most cherished memories are of playing something other than Atari, maybe a classic console you received as a kid one Holiday, now is the time to enjoy those games again and share them with loved ones. 

People used to set up model train sets under their Christmas trees. This is an opportunity to set up your Atari or classic console under the TV this Holiday season to share with the loved ones in your life, young and old alike!

MORE ABOUT ATARI DAY: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/291-atari-day-on-the-26th-day-of-each-month-show-the-world-how-much-you-love-atari/

JOIN ATARI DAY FACEBOOK EVENT: https://www.facebook...58020620958342/

atari_day_900.png

• Video 61, MaximumRD, greenween and 4 others like this

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,641 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:34 PM

It's a great idea! I'm putting out an Atari Flashback 4 on the big screen for Thanksgiving.
  • Justin, greenween and AlamoAtari like this

#3 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 410 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:56 PM

plan too after the prades end, then going to arcade to play some more

• Justin, greenween and AlamoAtari like this

AVC Online: avc.atari-users.net

VGS website: http://videogamesummit.net

#4 Retrogamer81081

Retrogamer81081

Apple Member

• 562 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

Nice! Eat, drink, and play Atari!! :)
  • Justin, greenween, AtariBrian and 1 other like this

#5 AlamoAtari

AlamoAtari

Apple Member

• 510 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:22 PM

I joined the Facebook event. Going to squeeze in some games between feedings
  • Justin and greenween like this

#6 Video 61

Video 61

Atari Sales & Service

• Verified Vendor
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:41 PM

GREAT IDEA!

• Justin and greenween like this

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

#7 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,253 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:40 PM

plan too after the prades end, then going to arcade to play some more

Thats what i am doing. Right after the parade ends we are firing up the 2600. Even grandma is getting in on the fun
  • Justin, greenween and RickR like this

#8 greenween

greenween

The Mayor

• 1,141 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:46 PM

Love it! Of course the 7800 will be played by everyone!

• Justin and RickR like this

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

#9 AtariBrian

AtariBrian

Orange Member

• 278 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:40 AM

All my father in law will want to do is watch football.  He can watch this football.jpg

Edited by AtariBrian, 14 November 2015 - 08:41 AM.

• Justin, greenween, RickR and 3 others like this

#10 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,641 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:43 AM

It beats watching the Cowboys or Lions.
  • Justin, greenween, Arenafoot and 1 other like this

#11 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,641 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:13 PM

Took some time on Atari Day today to finally try out the 2600 Trak ball hacks - Centipede and Millipede.  All I can say is...AWESOME.  Such fine control.  They are so much fun.

Also tried Activision Decathlon with the trak-ball (as suggested by someone on this fine board), and was able to get some seriously high scores without damaging a joystick or a wrist!

Happy Atari Day to ALL!

Attached Thumbnails

• Atari 001.JPG
  • Atari 003.JPG

• Justin, Arenafoot, nosweargamer and 1 other like this

#12 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 410 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:39 PM

will be playing later on skipping the arcade

• Justin likes this

#13 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 2,555 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:40 PM

It beats watching the Cowboys or Lions.

No it didn't  :D

But, I did work on the history of Activision for my podcast and show during some down time! (no Atari's where I am at right now)  :hero:  :atari_2600_joystick:  :atari_2600:  :atari_2600_joystick:

• Justin, RickR, Rowsdower70 and 1 other like this

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#14 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 410 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:14 PM

I played donkey kong, centipede and pole position 2 on my 7800.

had some trouble with system kept crashing prob  due poer supply getting hot its not regular power supply from atari but one from atariguide.com

• Justin and RickR like this

#15 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,158 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:41 AM

Took some time on Atari Day today to finally try out the 2600 Trak ball hacks - Centipede and Millipede.  All I can say is...AWESOME.  Such fine control.  They are so much fun.

Also tried Activision Decathlon with the trak-ball (as suggested by someone on this fine board), and was able to get some seriously high scores without damaging a joystick or a wrist!

Happy Atari Day to ALL!

Aren't those Trak-ball hacks awesome! I guess my brilliant idea back in January paid off. Thomas and Omega did such a great job on these!

:thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:

• Justin likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#16 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,158 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:43 AM

Played several of the Atari carts from the Retro Junk Box 2 tonight! Of course, I can't divulge the titles. B)   

• Justin likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users