A Day in the Life of a Flea Marketeer

Rowsdower70

And now for the odd pick-ups of the day:
First off, I went to one of the vendors that I normally get a few things from and picked up a Gemstik Atari Controller, A copy of E.T., 2 RCA to Coax adapters, and Super Off-Road for Sega Genesis CIB for $10.

Then I had a guy stop by and sell a four PS2 games, one of which is Dragonball-Z 3 something or other worth $30+ that I snagged for $10.

And then...the vendor I bought from earlier brought me a bag, handed it to me and said..."If you can clean em and get them to work, just keep them!"

Here's some pics (he wasn't kidding about the cleaning).

HgHP240.jpgdmlh2ek.jpgThat's actually a rock down in there I think:
tUHRV49.jpgI think Pitfall came from an actual pit. 
MiTINIc.jpgVrndhjh.jpgAaLml7d.jpgI hope I can get them clean and working, there's some okay titles in there like Kangaroo, Pitfall, and Crystal Castles.   Along with a few C-64 games like Radar Rat Race, Omega Race, and Visible Solar System.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Cool. I saved some carts before in about the same shape. I noticed that DC game Wild Metal, I love that game, A sleeper title by Rockstar! It always reminded me of the type of game I'd expect on the Jaguar. it's really fun to me because of the physics of shooting, easy to learn, hard to master and takes rel skill. One of my favorite DC titles.

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

Cool. I saved some carts before in about the same shape. I noticed that DC game Wild Metal, I love that game, A sleeper title by Rockstar! It always reminded me of the type of game I'd expect on the Jaguar. it's really fun to me because of the physics of shooting, easy to learn, hard to master and takes rel skill. One of my favorite DC titles.

To be honest I've never owned a DC, but it does look like a fun game.  Maybe similar to Twisted Metal for the Playstation?

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Dude, this is the best post I've seen in a long time.  Thank you for sharing!  Your setup looks awesome.  Too bad I didn't live nearby...I'd be there every weekend looking for something good, which you have plenty of.

I have a C64 if you need help testing those poor abused carts. 

To be honest I've never owned a DC, but it does look like a fun game.  Maybe similar to Twisted Metal for the Playstation?

No, even though the name is similar, they are really nothing alike. Wild metal is a 3rd person view tank game with real trajectory on-the-fly shooting (lobbing), and searching for power pods you need to collect to open the level-up transporter, but also you find different types of guns and mines and it's really just hard to explain. I'll search, but I doubt there is even a Youtube video to check out since it is an unkown title pretty much, a real sleeper, but just so damned fun! i remember when I first got it and had my DC at my sister's house, she, my brother-in-law, brother, nephew and I couldn't get enough of it, and my sister, for one, is more of a Simcity, Sims and puzzle type of player who usually steers clear of tanks and shooters and whatnot, but she ADORES Wild Metal. It is just a really, really unique game and damn hard to explain it all, my description does it no justice at all. It's different than anything Rockstar made before or since. But I must say, ANYONE who owns a DC, needs to get this game and give it a try. It does have a bit of a learning curve, but not bad, and it's FUN trying to learn it! And tons of out-of-this-world tanks to choose and face in the mountainous worlds you explore. Like I said, it reminds me of something that should be on the Atari Jaguar, but wasn't. Damned Impressive for it's time in a strange sort of way. A real out-of-the-norm type of game, with elements of many different explore and shoot type games...I wish I could explain it, but hey, you have a DC in the pics, I see, and the game, why not check it out?

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

Wow, guess there are some vids of it on youtube: 

Very Cool Rows!

Thanks for sharing!

You make me want to look through the bins  :D

Ditto! Too bad you couldn't have brought all of that to the back lot swap meet at the Houston Expo!!

Good luck on saving those other carts!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Ditto! Too bad you couldn't have brought all of that to the back lot swap meet at the Houston Expo!!

Good luck on saving those other carts!

It was hard to figure out what made the cut, but in the end we decided to go with the oldest stuff and I think it paid off.

I believe I do still have that Hobbit game, Lee.  I'll double check.

Also I wanted to share the "after pics" of the dirt brigade:

szvEvgI.jpg6Dmobhx.jpg|Looks like I missed a spot on Omega Race.    Soon the C-64 carts will be headed to our Oregon testing facilities. 

Archived