PlayStation 5 Development Underway, Xbox Two Expected Sooner

Arenafoot

While I can't say the wow factor is there for me on current gen systems, and my 360 has its share of fun games but that's about it...they are just fun, I am discovering things about the 2600 almost on a daily basis that makes me literally go..."WOW!"  It seems like developers are using common tools like Unity to make games and they don't seem to care if it pushes the hardware to new horizons or not.  As long as their game is bug free, which sadly I have not found one 360 game that doesn't have a bug or glitch, and they get their money for it, they don't seem to care.

We need those that made Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Lynx, Jaguar, and all Atari 8-bit games back in action to show these modern-day developers how it is done.  It's sad when an Indie developer can wow me with a PC game while console games I look at just make be go, eh.  Imagine seeing a new game made by HSW or any of the original Atari development crew members.  I bet they could wow us in no time!

You know what would really wow me?  A new console being released that completely, and solely, stuck with cartridge.  No other way to play a game.  No disc, no download, no extra downloadable content.  Whatever was on the cart is what you were stuck with.  Doesn't mean you couldn't have the cart upgraded to a later/updated version of the game on it but going back a bit wouldn't be a bad thing I don't think. 

Archived