Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

A CHARLIE BROWN THANKSGIVING - The Retroist Podcast

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Professor

The Professor

• 1,032 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

thanksgiving-charlie-brown.jpg

One of our favorite podcasts has a new episode online! This week's episode is about A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, the 1973 Emmy Award-winning prime-time animated TV special based upon the popular comic strip Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz. Currently, the special is aired every November in prime time on the ABC network.

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973)

The Retroist is a fantastic podcast, and it's long-been a personal favorite among the Atari I/O Moderators for many years. I hope you'll find the time this weekend to maybe put on a great game, tune in and listen to this great podcast. Maybe it'll become a weekend routine!

Listen to the Retroist Podcast here:

Subscribe:  iTunes  |  RSS  |  Support The Retroist Podcast

You can also search iTunes for Retroist Podcast, or visit The Retroist here:

http://www.retroist.com/2015/11/25/retroist-podcast-charlie-brown-thanksgiving/

Here's what The Retroist had to say about the episode:

Retroist Podcast – Episode 195 – A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

View this episode at The Retroist

On today’s show I talk all about the holiday classic, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. I have tried to release this episode during past Thanksgiving seasons, but it never came together. I hope you enjoy it. I start off talking about how special this holiday is when it is spent with the people who make it special, then I move onto the special. I talk about the creator of the Peanuts, the producers, directors, animators, plot, voice talent, music and much more.

Music on the show was provided by Peachy (the Burt Bacharach of Wales), if you have musical needs, why not contact and “like” him on his Facebook Page.

If you have a moment please stop by iTunes or wherever you might download the show and perhaps give the show a quick rating. It is very much appreciated.

If you have any suggestions for topics you would like for me to cover in the future, email them to me at retroist@retroist.com. If you would like more retro fun, you can also follow me on the Twitter and on the Facebook.

• DeLorean, Video 61, greenween and 2 others like this

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,421 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:02 PM

"Cold cereal and maybe toast"
  • The Professor, DeLorean, Video 61 and 2 others like this

#3 Retrogamer81081

Retrogamer81081

Apple Member

• 562 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:28 PM

"How about the chef's hat!?!?"
  • Video 61 likes this

#4 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 428 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

and snoppy and woodstock have turkey and all the fixings and yet chuck makes toast and popcorn lol

• Video 61 and RickR like this

AVC Online:atari-video.club

VGS website: http://videogamesummit.net

#5 Video 61

Video 61

Atari Sales & Service

• Verified Vendor
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:04 AM

these are classics! charlie brown holiday movies are the best.

• The Professor and RickR like this

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

#6 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,421 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:38 AM

The original thee "Christmas", "Great Pumpkin", and "Thanksgiving" are classics.  They have a charm you don't see anymore.  Very comic-strippy -- moving from gag to gag. 

• The Professor and greenween like this

#7 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,275 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:20 AM

Happy Thanksgiving!

Attached Thumbnails

• 1460012_714445645233312_1554474433_n.jpg

• greenween and VicSage like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users