Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Stunt Cycle (SC-450) & Video Pinball (C-380) by Atari

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 atarilbc

atarilbc

Apple Member

• 502 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:36 AM

Released circa 1978, Video Pinball (C-380) was one of the last of the original Atari's dedicated consoles. The console came in three variations; Atari Video Pinball (Woodgrain), Atari Video Pinball (Cream), and Sears Pinball Breakaway (Woodgrain). It plays seven different games: Breakout, Flipper Pinball I, Flipper Pinball 2, Paddle Pinball 1, Paddle Pinball 2, Rebound 1 and Rebound 2. The graphics are in color and the sound comes directly from the console via internal speakers.

I received my Video Pinball today. I had been looking for a boxed woking example in decent cosmetic condition for awhile and finally pulled the trigger on this cream colored unit. Everything works as it should and the console and box are clean. It has an old TI power supply and is missing the manual. Otherwise, it's solid. The games are fun for a bit but the best part is the packaging. These guys were way into this!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• DeLorean, greenween, RickR and 1 other like this

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,840 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:39 AM

Didn't Atari make a home version of stunt cycle, with motorcycle handlebars attached to the console?

• DeLorean likes this

#3 atarilbc

atarilbc

Apple Member

• 502 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:43 AM

Didn't Atari make a home version of stunt cycle, with motorcycle handlebars attached to the console?

Yes, they did. I believe that Stunt Cycle was the last dedicated console that they did. I always liked the look of that one. The handlebars are SWEET! It's definitely on the hardware wish list.
  • DeLorean, RickR and Arcade Dude 44 like this

#4 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,840 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:49 AM

OK, now I want one too.  Because jumping a motorcycle over trash cans is in my blood. 

• DeLorean and Arcade Dude 44 like this

#5 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,188 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:21 AM

this one............

stu9.JPG

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#6 Fire_In_The_Valley

Fire_In_The_Valley

Orange Member

• 139 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

Stunt Cycle is one of my all-time favorite Atari products! You didn't see a lot of knock-offs like you did with Pong, and it had what felt like real bike handles. I also thought the switches were a hint at what was to come on the VCS. Honestly I think it would have been cool to have a Stunt Cycle controller for the 2600 with some bike games.

• RickR likes this

#7 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,840 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:33 PM

The arcade version was even cooler.  It had more realistic handlebars.  I loved that game as a kid. 

• Arcade Dude 44 likes this

#8 Doctor Octagon

Doctor Octagon

• 483 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

The arcade version of Stunt Cycle was just awesome. Here's a beautiful example. It has that distinct pre-Warner Atari feel to it, like they were still discovering and inventing what an arcade machine actually was.

Attached Thumbnails

• stunt_cycle.jpg

#9 DeLorean

DeLorean

• 385 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:56 PM

oh wow look at that nice big attached thumbnail!

#10 Arcade Dude 44

Arcade Dude 44

Cherry Member

• 41 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:02 AM

Man, how cool...I loved this one too, when I was a kid! The guy I got my Asteroids, Neo Geo, Track & Field & Super Breakout from had a mint one of these, but he didn't want to let it go. Oh well, maybe someday:)
  • Justin likes this
My YouTube Channel: youtube.com/arcadedude44

#11 AtariBrian

AtariBrian

Orange Member

• 289 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

I have the same Video Pinball, it's a pretty fun game, but the box does rule!

• Arenafoot likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users