Some explaining might be needed

AlamoAtari

Maybe I missed it, but maybe a way to join the clubs in particular could be nice. Some of us might have missed out on the chats a few nights. Or is this explained when you join the danison thing or is this different? Sorry if I messed up the spelling. I know that this is just starting up. I'm really interested in how this is going to happen. Thanks for getting these contests together. I think that it's going to be a great time!

You can join the events you want, no need to partake in all of them unless that's what you want to do. It's not one big thing, each event is different with different ways of playing. Which events are you interested in? I'm happy to help :)

Here's a basic rundown of the four events. They are separate and apart from each other:

High Score Squad is a basic high score competition, with new games every other week. People can play if and when they want to without signing up.

Atari Cup is a team-play tournament. Teams play against each other to win a championship. Seasons are in the Spring and Fall for about 12 weeks, and you'll want to sign up for a team.

In Danisen League you challenge another player to a one-on-one high score contest from a game on the list. Wins and losses count towards your standings on the Danisen Leaderboards. Play as little or as often as you wish. Unlike a tournament, the emphasis is not on a single winner but individual progress. This format keeps players playing with opponents of a similar skill level, keeping play fun and challenging for everyone.

Scoreboard is like a relaxed, casual Twin Galaxies. Members can post their high scores, and have a friendly competition among friends.

Join in as much or as little as you are excited to :) if you have any other questions feel free to post them here, we are all excited to help get everyone introduced to the new events!

High Score Squad does not require sign-up. New games are posted on the 1st and 15th of every month. If you feel like playing, join us and post your high score!

The benefit of High Score Squad is that you don't have to commit to an entire season! High Score Squad does not carry "points" over from one game to the next. So if you feel like playing one game, and not the next, that's perfectly okay! Or if you're having a busy week and just can't find the time to play, you don't have to. Enjoy the games you want to play and skip out on the ones you don't! Commitment is minimal.

The first Squad Challenge will be posted this Tuesday, December 1st, 2015.

More info on High Score Squad here: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/1219-high-score-squad-how-to-play/

Thanks for explaining a little more for me. I guess when it hit all at once, I started rolling it all up into one thing. This made it clear about what it all is.

Thanks for clarifying Prof. It's a lot to take in at once.

You're welcome! Instead of doing the same old thing, we broke "High Score Stuff" into FOUR different things to give you guys some variety.

Squad is straight forward and noncommittal, Atari Cup is tournament team play, Danisen League is free-form individual progress through ranks, and Scoreboard is a friendly, casual place to post your scores.

Rick, you made a suggestion once of playing the same game on different systems like playing Donkey Kong on 2600, NES, and 7800, and adding up the scores. That idea evolved into the Atari Cup Tournament challenges! And because other players might still want something different, more straightforward or noncommittal, we offer the other events for a variety of challenge and interest levels.

Archived