Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

NPR interviews Nolan Bushnell

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,177 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:26 AM

Nolan Bushnell Co-Founder, Atari

NolanBushnell.pngNolan is considered one of the pioneers of the video game industry.  Nolan developed the first coin operated game (Computer Space), as well as Atari’s popular debut game, Pong.  Nolan also founded Chuck E. Cheese’s, a game centric restaurant chain.  He is the author of Finding the Next Steve Jobs.  He and his partner Al Alcorn gave Steve his first job at Atari before Steve started Apple Inc. in 1976.

Nolan speaks with Jessica about how he launched Atari, from scratch.

• Justin, The Professor, MaximumRD and 3 others like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#2 VicSage

VicSage

Cherry Member

• 18 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:15 AM

Awesome find, Arenafoot! This will give me something to listen to while at work. :D

• Justin, Arenafoot and LeeJ07 like this

#3 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 975 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:47 PM

Nice Arenafoot, thanks for sharing. 

• Arenafoot likes this

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer
and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd
ON the FACEBOOK? Well have I got the Classic Gaming / Computing group for you!

;) https://www.facebook...ximumrdclassic/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users