Blazing Lazers

Doctor Octagon

Here's a look at Blazing Lazers, one of the US TurboGrafx-16 launch titles, and one of the best shooters of 16-bit era video games.

So, what do you guys think? Have you played Blazing Lazers? What impression did it leave you with of the TurboGrafx-16 console?

Blazing Lazers was the first TurboGrafx game I ever played.  Played it before I had my Turbo, even.  It was playing on a big screen TV at McDuff's Electronics in the mall in my town.  It was the only place I knew of that sold them, even.  Anyway, I stood there for probably an hour playing it.  I was amazed... this was so much better than Tiger Heli and 1943... lol

I think Blazing Lazers was the first TurboGrafx-16 game I ever played too. It was the demo game they had playing in the TurboGrafx kiosk at our Toys R Us. Other shoot 'em ups came along like Soldier Blade that were graphically superior, but Blazing Lazers has always been my favorite to play on that system.

On 2/27/2016 at 11:50 PM, Justin said:

Kanye is a genius so that makes the TG-16 the best system ever....

kanye approves.gif

⚠️ THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING INCIDENT:
https://forums.atari.io/topic/6133-my-secret-identity-is-known-as-astomiman-destroyer-of-worlds/