Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

TurboGrafx-16 with CD question about price?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 extendedplayarcade

extendedplayarcade

Strawberry Member

• 78 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:10 PM

Did I pass up on a great deal?

I don't know if I need the CD but I played this console at a friends and had a blast...  i owned a sega Genesis at the time and still holds a place in my heart.

turbo-graphic-16-with-cd.jpg

Just wondering if I passed up on a good deal?

thanks for any advice
Brent

• Doctor Octagon, The Professor and RickR like this

Brent
Extended Play Arcade
https://www.youtube....endedplayarcade Sub 4 Sub

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,411 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:55 PM

I have no idea if that's a good price or not....I've wanted a TurboGrafx 16 for a while, but never see them for sale locally.  Looks to be in really nice shape, though. 

• extendedplayarcade likes this

#3 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 1,087 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:15 AM

These days if in good shape and working conditions yeah probably not too bad a price. The CD attachment is hard to get for a good price. 

• Justin, Doctor Octagon and extendedplayarcade like this

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer
and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd
ON the FACEBOOK? Well have I got the Classic Gaming / Computing group for you!

;) https://www.facebook...ximumrdclassic/

#4 Doctor Octagon

Doctor Octagon

• 483 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:12 PM

It's an OK price in my opinion. I've seen better prices but I've seen a lot worse. NES collecting really got big after 2006, more and more of those NES collectors have rounded out their collection and have moved on to greater challenges like collecting for TurboGrafx-16. It's driven prices much higher than they already were. Especially on eBay. The benefit here is that you're buying a system from a known dealer and not a random person. Does it come with a 30-day warranty or return policy? I bet it might.

Good prices in my estimation:

TurboGrafx-16 complete console, no box, in good to great condition: $80-$100

TurboGrafx-16 CD complete, no box, in good go great condition: $160-$200

The TurboGrafx-16 system and CD look to be in nice shape. It's not that bad of a deal right now, I would take it.

• extendedplayarcade likes this

#5 extendedplayarcade

extendedplayarcade

Strawberry Member

• 78 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:43 PM

yeah it is really hard for me to find games for it too.

i guess i could go evil bay but this story has no games for it

and yeah it is harder and harder to find stuff..  I just don't know if I want to part with 300 of my hard earned dollars.

thanks for the advice though

It's an OK price in my opinion. I've seen better prices but I've seen a lot worse. NES collecting really got big after 2006, more and more of those NES collectors have rounded out their collection and have moved on to greater challenges like collecting for TurboGrafx-16. It's driven prices much higher than they already were. Especially on eBay. The benefit here is that you're buying a system from a known dealer and not a random person. Does it come with a 30-day warranty or return policy? I bet it might.

Good prices in my estimation:

TurboGrafx-16 complete console, no box, in good to great condition: $80-$100

TurboGrafx-16 CD complete, no box, in good go great condition: $160-$200

The TurboGrafx-16 system and CD look to be in nice shape. It's not that bad of a deal right now, I would take it.

• Doctor Octagon likes this

Brent
Extended Play Arcade
https://www.youtube....endedplayarcade Sub 4 Sub

#6 Doctor Octagon

Doctor Octagon

• 483 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:45 PM

My advice is start with the the TurboGrafx-16 console and a few common titles and see if it keeps your interest. You can always add more later on.

• MaximumRD and extendedplayarcade like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users