Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Games that pushed the Atari 8-bit Computer

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:29 PM

Any love for this one?

I like the music.
  • Greyfox likes this

#62 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:32 PM

C64 version FTW though for myself..

• Justin likes this

#63 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:15 PM

Believe Goonies was mentioned?

Makes me laugh when I read people slagging off Rebellion for not watching any of the Alien films, prior to coding Jaguar AVP..

Scott T.Spanburg and Kells Day, of Datasoft, only had the script to work off and 1 brief visit to movie set and Pirate ship wasn't even fully built at that point..

So that's coding from scratch :-)
  • Greyfox likes this

#64 Video 61

Video 61

Atari Sales & Service

• Verified Vendor
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

i have ruff and ready on cart. i only played it once back in the 1990's, and it seemed to have some spelling problems, or missing letters. for me, sometimes its hard to tell so i just put it in my own collection, to see someday when i had more time if its ok. so when i saw this thread, i had my friend  come over and dig out my collection, he found it, took it home and played it. he said its a hard game, but made it to level 2. so i might release it in the near future.

i also have ghost chaser which i released. i saw beer belly bert, and i remember that i used to call atari all of the time in the late 80's and nineties, recommending games to them, because they had such a hard time understanding games. that was one i recommended.

sometimes the only way i got them to believe the game existed, is to actually send them a physical copy. sometimes i did the leg work for them, and provided the contact person at the software house that owned the game.

i used to be direct with almost all third party developers back in the day, so i knew people who worked in many of the software houses, if they still were there and existed as a company.

later on i found out atari was picking up these games for peanuts, because atari themselves were not supporting the market in any meaningful way. they ported many games over to cartridge, then let them sit.

• Lost Dragon likes this

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

#65 Video 61

Video 61

Atari Sales & Service

• Verified Vendor
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:56 AM

Any love for this one?

I like the music.

my friend found my ruff and ready cart. it looks bug free. we made a short youtube of it. as soon as its posted, i will post the link here. my friend is looking for the beer belly bert also.

• Lost Dragon likes this

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

#66 Video 61

Video 61

Atari Sales & Service

• Verified Vendor
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

Any love for this one?

I like the music.

as promised, we found my ruff and ready cart. here is a link to the youtube. hopefully in the future, i can find more games. i might have the beer bert one which i loved to play, at one time i thought i saw a ant game to.

lance

www.atarisales.com

• Lost Dragon likes this

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

#67 Greyfox

Greyfox

Orange Member

• 211 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:01 PM

Wonderful stuff fella..thanks for sharing..having returned to this thread and something I spoke about maybe a page or two ago about a definitive guide to the Atari 8-but. Back in March...actually the 10th of March when I last got the time to create something on my machine I done a quick concept of what I would have loved to take the direction of a book covering this incredible computer. So just wished to share and ask what are all your thoughts on something like this.

Mock cover design

n2xu37.jpg

2 page spread (Donkey Kong) video game

2nhdw8i.jpg

Now I wished to include interviews , and photography shots of the Atari 8bit range dept of field type shots etc. and a vast collection of Atari 8-bit games, demos and possible graphic and sound applications on the Atari 8-bit but that may have being very ambitious , but I don't know if something like is is achievable as I would need high res versions of the video box art of the games covered to be supplied for the publication as well as the photography , so it's a Huge under taking. But please let me know your thought. I'm sure there is a market for it.
  • Lost Dragon likes this

Atari Gamer Magazine - Explore the Atari 8-bit in the 21st Century

↓↓Click Here to See More↓↓

WWW.ATARIGAMER.CO.UK

#68 Video 61

Video 61

Atari Sales & Service

• Verified Vendor
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

Wonderful stuff fella..thanks for sharing..having returned to this thread and something I spoke about maybe a page or two ago about a definitive guide to the Atari 8-but. Back in March...actually the 10th of March when I last got the time to create something on my machine I done a quick concept of what I would have loved to take the direction of a book covering this incredible computer. So just wished to share and ask what are all your thoughts on something like this.

Mock cover design

n2xu37.jpg

2 page spread (Donkey Kong) video game

2nhdw8i.jpg

Now I wished to include interviews , and photography shots of the Atari 8bit range dept of field type shots etc. and a vast collection of Atari 8-bit games, demos and possible graphic and sound applications on the Atari 8-bit but that may have being very ambitious , but I don't know if something like is is achievable as I would need high res versions of the video box art of the games covered to be supplied for the publication as well as the photography , so it's a Huge under taking. But please let me know your thought. I'm sure there is a market for it.

boy do i ever like that cover. its really great work. yes by all means, i would love to see it out on the market.

thanks for posting it,

lance

www.atarisales.com

• Greyfox and Lost Dragon like this

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

#69 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Damn straight we need something like this, badly.

It looks gorgeous.

Getting fresh interviews could prove challenging my friend, lot of years passed, lot of names covered.

But if anyone could do it..I know you could :-)

I think if you talked to people like Pro Atari and got a feel of overseas markets as sadly A8 range was niche here, you'd get a better understanding of the commercial viability.

But it's something I'd love to buy and would make a refreshing change to the glut of books covering C64 and Spectrum and would offer far more than just a collection of reviews.
  • Greyfox likes this

#70 Greyfox

Greyfox

Orange Member

• 211 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

Many thanks for the feedback guys it's again something, I would to produce for the Atari scene, the production values are the easy part, it's the excution of getting the photography, boxart, publisher and logistics...And of course the free time to take it to reality :)
  • Lost Dragon likes this

Atari Gamer Magazine - Explore the Atari 8-bit in the 21st Century

↓↓Click Here to See More↓↓

WWW.ATARIGAMER.CO.UK

#71 Scott Stilphen

Scott Stilphen

Orange Member

• 169 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

Does anyone remember the demo that played a few seconds of digitized Van Halen music?

Old newsgroup post of mine from 10 years ago:

https://groups.googl...Gc/PgfFzHiBxCsJ

There's a clip Van Halen's "You Really Got Me" on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vRQ9Csb_Er0

There's also a few threads over in comp.sys.atari.8bit (just do a
search for "van halen").  I remember getting a copy of this back in
the day from a software catalog ("Marrs" or something like that),
which is long gone, and I don't have a copy on my PC (if anyone has
it, can they send me a copy?).  It might have also been available from
Antic's catalog at some point.  I know there were at least a dozen or 2
digitized song samples at the same time the Van Halen clip appeared.

Edited by Scott Stilphen, 30 June 2017 - 07:07 PM.

• Greyfox and Lost Dragon like this

#72 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:06 PM

Included for impressive parallax scrolling pity game isn't fun to play though.
  • Greyfox likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users