Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Lemmings on Amiga

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Yo-Yo

Yo-Yo

Apple Member

• 548 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:25 PM

Lemmings was a favorite game of mine when we had Amiga. I don't know if it's the same as it was on Amiga CD32, but I loved it on the Amiga computer. I've seen Lemmings for Atari Lynx too, it was a really nice version released by Polygon and was one of the last games for Lynx. The Lynx version goes for a lot of money now. I know the Lynx is based on the Amiga, I'm not sure how close it is to the Amiga version, but Lemmings on Amiga is as good as life gets. Here are some long plays:

• The Professor, MaximumRD and Lost Dragon like this
Welcome to the short bus.

#2 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 1,115 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:56 PM

Yep Lemmings got a lot of play from me on my AMIGA back in the day and I had a coverdisk (I think from AMIGA FORMAT MAGAZINE) featuring several Christmas themed Lemmings levels! Lot's of snow and they wore bouncy santa caps! Such fun, I probably blew them all up more often than saving them lol.

UPDATE ah yes here is some gameplay

• The Professor and Lost Dragon like this

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer
and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd
ON the FACEBOOK? Well have I got the Classic Gaming / Computing group for you!

;) https://www.facebook...ximumrdclassic/

#3 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:35 AM

I had (and loved) Lemmings on the ST, along with Oh No, More Lemmings (but oddly never touched Lemmings 2 when it came out on any format) along with the Sega Game Gear version.

It was out on CDTV as well as CD32, well, it was converted to practically every creation known to man :-) or so it seemed.

The Lynx version is technically fantastic, i think the max number of lemmings is reduced from 100 to 40 (and 20 on Game Gear?) and due to the handhelds small screens you get a restricted view, so keeping track of everything can be a nightmare and for myself, D-Pad controls never really suited a game of this type, you needed a mouse, so i found it more suited to home micro's personally.

But Lynx version does let you move the cursor when game is paused, which helps, but i found broke up the pace somewhat.

Fantastic credits message as well:

http://www.psygnosis...emmingslynx.txt

Talk of hoping to do Lemmings II on Lynx if it was still around in a few years :-(

#4 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:40 AM

:-) I couldn't mention CBM versions of Lemmings without talking about the C64 version.Looked a lot cruder as you'd expect, but still a technical feat in itself and i have to put it up, if not just for the music:

#5 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:33 PM

DMA apparently originally had a lot of 1960's music and TV soundtracks planned for the game, things like raindrops keep falling on my head, themes from The A-Team, Mission Impossible etc, but the copyright issue meant this was a no-go, so idea was canned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users