I'm going the oppsite side of RickR's topic. What game do you hate that everyone you know loves?

greenween

I absolutely hate COD, Modern Warfare. I watched all my friends who play it religiously, I bought it. Most boring thing I've ever played!! I've played every Metal Gear since NES, every Medal of Honor, Syphon Filter. 007 on N64, this game just bores me to death!!! I will explain more of my dislike for this game later.

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

OK, I'm going to say something sacrilegious here:  Pitfall!

I totally get the technical superiority of this game.  Great graphics, innovative gameplay, a showcase of 2600 technology.  Heck, I grabbed a copy just like every other kid back in the 80's.  It's also cool as hell that the 2600 has the best version of all the systems they made this for. 

But is it fun?  No.  It just has zero re-playability for me.  Same running and jumping for 20 minutes.  And what is the point of going on the bottom level?  Is it even possible to jump over the scorpion?  I know, I know, it lets you skip more screens to get more loot.  Zzzzzzz. 

OK, I'm going to say something sacrilegious here:  Pitfall!

I totally get the technical superiority of this game.  Great graphics, innovative gameplay, a showcase of 2600 technology.  Heck, I grabbed a copy just like every other kid back in the 80's.  It's also cool as hell that the 2600 has the best version of all the systems they made this for. 

But is it fun?  No.  It just has zero re-playability for me.  Same running and jumping for 20 minutes.  And what is the point of going on the bottom level?  Is it even possible to jump over the scorpion?  I know, I know, it lets you skip more screens to get more loot.  Zzzzzzz. 

i second this. I never was a fan of this game.

Swordquest Fireworld (my first Atari cart - I thought it was another version of Adventure.....LOL) 

Fishing Derby  (can not beat the computer even on the easiest setting)

Space Shuttle (my last Atari cart I bought "back-in-the-day" new....manual way too big and never even tried to figure how to play) 

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

I'm with all you Madden haters. I loved it on Genesis but I feel it lost something when it got to later systems.  Tecmo, on the other hand, is outstanding.

Tecmo was amazing. It's one of many games from other platforms that I wish had made it to Atari.

I'm with all you Madden haters. I loved it on Genesis but I feel it lost something when it got to later systems.  Tecmo, on the other hand, is outstanding.

I still play Madden '95 on My Sega, the later ones, not so much.

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

I've always heard there was a pattern to actually beat Pitfall, anyone else??

Yeah I heard that too......plus I was always going to the right.....found out a few years back that you should start going to the left instead.

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Archived