New Pac-Man symbols under each members avatar

Arenafoot

I see PacMan logos were added recently under everyone's avatar in this forum and was wondering.... how many different logo's are there? and what item is added to the member after how many posts?

less than 10 = nothing

after 10 = PacMan

after 25?= cherries

after 50 = strawberry

after 100?150? = orange

I'm guessing Justin and/or one of the mods will be able to answer this one...........

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Okay guys, here's how it all breaks out:

pips_8.png = Banana Member = 2,500+

pips_7.png = Pear Member = 1,000

pips_6.png = Apple Member = 500

pips_5.png = Pretzel Member = 300

There's a story behind everything else below that point, it's a little mystery for you to figure out so we're going to leave it that way ^_^

Members start out as a "Newbie" with 0 posts and no rank pips. It's only after a few posts that Pac-Man decides to show up! This way it's a little easier to spot somebody who's brand new to the forums so we can roll out the welcome wagon for them. After that point, the first four rank pips begin to accrue fairly rapidly - Pac Man, Cherry, Strawberry, and Orange.

I really wanted the rank pips to be a rewarding experience, and to feel like a scoring methodology in a video game. Instead of multiple Atari "Fuji" logos under the member avatar, or the same image over and over again, the player is rewarded with something new that feels like a power-up or a reward for hard work. We want the forums to feel creative, different and fun, and we thought the Pac-Man rank pips worked out nicely!

I'd also like to add that we have a few other icons that may appear. They aren't often seen yet, though I created them when I created the site with the hopes that they would lead to a better community.

pac_team_icon_vendor.png = Denotes the Member is a Verified Vendor in good standing.

Lets everybody know the Member has a vested interest in selling to the community, and has submitted documentation to become verified as a Vendor with an overall good reputation in the community, the ability to process Credit Card payments, a brick-and-mortar retail location open to the public, and having been in business for at least 2 years. A Verified Vendor will have their contact information clearly posted in their member signature, along with a link to their website.

pac_team_icon_etsy.png = Denotes the Member is a Verified Etsy Seller in good standing.

Lets everybody know the Member has a vested interest in selling to the community, and has submitted documentation to become verified as an Etsy Store with overall highly positive feedback, the ability to accept PayPal, and having been in business for at least 1 year. A Verified Etsy Member will have their contact information clearly posted in their member signature, along with a link to their Etsy store.

• 2,001 posts

I thought Rick reached "Banana" level with 2k posts............... until I came back here and found out Banana is 2,500 posts. Good job Rick!!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

I became a Quadrunner on Atariage yesterday!! I was curious, when you become a Banana Member here do you get the ability to change your member title above your avatar like you can on atariage when getting Quadrunner ranking?

I think its after the Apple or Pear level actually here...........

Archived