Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

This will BLOW YOUR MIND.. even if you're not a TI-99/4A user!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 - Ω -

- Ω -

Strawberry Member

• 94 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:00 PM

Okay, a while back an Uber programmer by the name of Stuart Conner wrote an Internet browser for the TI-99/4A.  Well, he's been constantly improving it.  Version 8 of the cartridge version will be released very soon.

Here is a quick sneak peek video I slapped together tonight to show a little bit of it off...

I hope you enjoyed it!

• Justin, The Professor, RickR and 3 others like this

--- Ω ---

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,781 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:23 AM

That is really cool!  Can you explain how you actually connect the TI to the internet? 

• kamakazi20012 likes this

#3 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Apple Member

• 999 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:30 AM

I have a TI but very rarely ever use it.  It's not my favorite but I do play BurgerTime on it once in a while.  I just didn't like how the programmer(s) did the sounds in the game.  Every time you walked across a part of the burger the music would start over.  That did get annoying pretty quick.  Treasure Island and Parsec are fun games and I have been trying to locate a TI Invaders.  I don't know much of what games are good for the system.

Putting the TI on the internet sounds like a cool idea.  I've often wondered how an obsolete (for lack of a better word) computer would perform with modern internet connections...namely an Atari machine.  This is one product that I might have to see in action before purchasing.  Still cool to see, though.

#4 - Ω -

- Ω -

Strawberry Member

• 94 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:00 AM

That is really cool!  Can you explain how you actually connect the TI to the internet? 

Sure, I use one of these... gallery_35324_1072_530587.gif   ... a Lantronix UDS-10

I have a blog on another site that goes into great detail on this device.  << CLICK HERE >>

• Justin and RickR like this

--- Ω ---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users