Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Vectrex Radio!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Willie!

Willie!

Apple Member

• 505 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:37 AM

Vectrex Radio! EP04: Bedlam! and Clean Sweep!

Episode 4 bedlam cleen sweep logo.JPG

In this episode we talk about Bedlam and Clean Sweep. Mike Kennedy drops by to talk about his own Vectrex collection and a Vectrex Holy Grail that he recently found.

• Justin, The Professor, Zontar and 5 others like this

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512

#2 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

Sweeet!  I know what I'm listening to after I get done with Gilbert Gottfried's with George Takei

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#3 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,245 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:40 PM

LOL.....high scores on Clean Sweep..... silly me I actually wrote my high scores in the back of the Clean Sweep manual!

So as I wrote in there:

8/23/91 50,070 Game 1 Level 13

2/1/85 11,550 Game 2 Level ?

Edited by Arenafoot, 25 January 2016 - 03:40 PM.

• Rowsdower70 likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#4 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:43 PM

Great episode guys.  Loved the interview.

• Arenafoot likes this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#5 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,245 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:12 AM

attachicon.gifEpisode 4 bedlam cleen sweep logo.JPG

In this episode we talk about Bedlam and Clean Sweep. Mike Kennedy drops by to talk about his own Vectrex collection and a Vectrex Holy Grail that he recently found.

in the next episode - Berzerk, I'm guessing you will cover how the game goes "Berzerk" once a player reaches over 5,000 points? I still don't know if it was just my unit and/or my Berzerk cart or if it was a GCE Berzerk bug and not an MB Berzerk bug - as I played a couple of Berzerk games on MB units at the 2015 Houston ArcadeExpo and could not replicate it.

As I stated above, I used to log all of my high scores in the back of my Vectrex manuals - my best was:

6/8/86 8,580 (game did not go "Berzerk")

3/1/84 923,710 (game went "Berzerk"!)

my current score: http://highscore.com...ex/Berzerk/3752

8,790 1/21/2014

• Justin and Willie! like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#6 Willie!

Willie!

Apple Member

• 505 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:55 PM

in the next episode - Berzerk, I'm guessing you will cover how the game goes "Berzerk" once a player reaches over 5,000 points? I still don't know if it was just my unit and/or my Berzerk cart or if it was a GCE Berzerk bug and not an MB Berzerk bug - as I played a couple of Berzerk games on MB units at the 2015 Houston ArcadeExpo and could not replicate it.

As I stated above, I used to log all of my high scores in the back of my Vectrex manuals - my best was:

6/8/86 8,580 (game did not go "Berzerk")

3/1/84 923,710 (game went "Berzerk"!)

my current score: http://highscore.com...ex/Berzerk/3752

8,790 1/21/2014

Will give this a try, and also read your feedback on the episode :)  you also just gave us a score to go after  :P

• Justin, Arenafoot and Yo-Yo like this

#7 Willie!

Willie!

Apple Member

• 505 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:07 PM

Vectrex Radio! EP05: Berzerk and Cosmic Chasm!

episode 5 logo.JPG

• Justin, The Professor, DeLorean and 3 others like this

#8 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,245 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:35 AM

wow Willie! Can't get the bomb planted in the center on Cosmic Chasm???? 

Here's a trick to try- when you make it to the center and eliminate all of the diamonds, hold the shield and go as close to the center as possible, do a 180 turn-around and face the exit door you are going to go thru after the bomb is planted. Pull the joystick down, the clock will start and then hit the thrust and leave as soon as the clock starts - this helps save precious seconds to exit out before it goes off.

• Willie! likes this

#9 chas10e

chas10e

Pretzel Member

• 438 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:38 PM

some reason the balloon box , I can't listen from it ....

#10 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,245 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

some reason the balloon box , I can't listen from it ....

worked fine for me last night.............

#11 chas10e

chas10e

Pretzel Member

• 438 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:34 PM

I'm using a different browser ( Firefox) these days with some noscript & adblocker addons

trying to disable these locally isn't working .... quoting the page, copy/pasting link in another tab has got me listening now

#12 Willie!

Willie!

Apple Member

• 505 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:31 AM

wow Willie! Can't get the bomb planted in the center on Cosmic Chasm???? 

Here's a trick to try- when you make it to the center and eliminate all of the diamonds, hold the shield and go as close to the center as possible, do a 180 turn-around and face the exit door you are going to go thru after the bomb is planted. Pull the joystick down, the clock will start and then hit the thrust and leave as soon as the clock starts - this helps save precious seconds to exit out before it goes off.

Willie! loves games, games however dont like Willie! :(    When I eventually make it there, I plan on using your suggestion! 

• The Professor and Arenafoot like this

#13 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,245 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:22 AM

Will give this a try, and also read your feedback on the episode :)  you also just gave us a score to go after   :P

I actually got PavaJVE emulator (Vectrex emu) to go "Berzerk" on Berzerk!!!  :berzerk:  

Didn't beat the score above, but it's the first time I've been able to get the emu to recreate this bug!

Attached Thumbnails

• berzerk vectrex went berzerk high score 1.JPG
  • berzerk vectrex went berzerk high score2.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users