PeteyM5 comes to Atari IO

peteym5

Welcome to you too Snicklin! Man.. I guess we're all new here. Nice work on Escape the Night Garden! Your game looks rad. The graphics are nice and its cool to see an A8 game with a soundtrack. Welcome to the forums! I feel like we're all new arrivals from Ellis Island or something 

Ta Yo-Yo. I didn't know that this site existed until today when I saw a link from AtariAge to it.

Due to time constraints, it's taking a while with the game. I've done nothing on it for a month now.

PeteyM5, I hope that your reception is much better here! (seems to be so far!).

Ta Yo-Yo. I didn't know that this site existed until today when I saw a link from AtariAge to it.

@snicklin Yeah I never knew this site existed until maybe a week ago. I saw it on Facebook and came over. Seems like lots of really nice people here so far! And the atmosphere here is really different and friendly.

Is this a new Atari forum?

Atari is so much fun!

@peppard Yeah I think it's brand new! I've been here a week and everybody here seems to be brand new. They've been giving away prizes and doing fun things so I've been posting more.

That looks really interesting. Is this an Adventure game of some sort? I hope we can have more programmers like you doing a good job with their games.

I hope so too, the more programmers working on new Atari stuff the better  :)

Hi, everybody:

I am new here myself, just joining a couple of nights ago. I love dabbling with all Atari platforms and computers, my Atari collection, and I hope I can learn a lot here from everyone's experience. Overall, I quite enjoy the experience in this new forum and will continue to come back in the future with replies to topics and topics of my own. So, thanks for having me and I will be posting. :rofl:

When people code on Atari 8bit these days. Is that on the atari itself, or are PC (or Mac?) tools used for that? I remember Mac/65 being a very nice and fast Macro Assembler. Is it still used?

A lot of people code on mostly the PC for the Atari 8-bit through emulation. I have wanted to learn the MAC/65 cart myself and I do have a copy of it with the manual. I believe it is still used to this very day. Personally, I would prefer using real hardware over emulation because of the speed. Emulation, however, is cheaper. There are some pros and cons for each, however. IMHO, hardware is really the way to go. But, if you do not have the hardware be prepared to shell out some bucks. Nostalgic Atari hardware is obviously getting hard to find now. Unfortunately.

I am now joining the Atari IO forum. I am a programmer / developer for the Atari 8-bit computers. I have previously worked on games like Tempest Xtreme, Venture, Delta Space Arena, and currently working on an Adventure Game series called "Secretum Labyrinth."

Glad to have you here. I enjoy the concept of programming, even though I am not skilled at it yet. B) Thanks for sharing, peteym5.

Hi, everybody:

I am new here myself, just joining a couple of nights ago. I love dabbling with all Atari platforms and computers, my Atari collection, and I hope I can learn a lot here from everyone's experience. Overall, I quite enjoy the experience in this new forum and will continue to come back in the future with replies to topics and topics of my own. So, thanks for having me and I will be posting. :rofl:

I'm new here too. It's exciting to see interesting new people getting in on a brand new forums!

Wow people really like me on here. I hope things stay positive and people support what we do on here. Thankyou for making me feel welcome here.

About the games I wrote.

Tempest Extreme is an Atari 8-bit port of Tempest 2000 / Tempest Extreme with music. Game has 64 levels. Requires an Atari XL/XE with 64K of RAM.

Venture is a port of the Coleco Version with some enhacements. Can select standard and challenger mode, and directional shoot mode. Challenger mode runs alittle faster, has more monsters on screen, and other suprises. Requires 48K RAM on a Atari 400/800 or a 64K XL/XE.  Available on cartridge from Video61 at WWW.ATARISALES.COM.

The other games I am working on some upgrades and changes that I want to surprise everyone with.

Archived