Superhot.exe

Rowsdower70

Just grabbed a neat new game, I figured I would share my experience with the group.

I had a friend mention to me Superhot, and how it looked innovative but I didn't pay it much mind.   Yesterday, I watched Jim Sterling do a squirty play on it, and the innovation became obvious and it got me interested. 

I got my hands on a copy yesterday, and I have to say its fun!  

Superhot is basically a FPS with minimalistic (but cool) artwork.  The game only progresses when you are moving, leaving you as much time as you'd like to pause and look at your scenario.   The levels are short, and set up more or less like a puzzle that can be solved several ways.  Each new level provides more challenging scenarios that would be near impossible in your average FPS to live through, but with this innovative style it becomes possible.   The most satisfying part is at the end of each scenario, you'll be shown a replay that makes you look like the Jackie Chan of FPS games. 

What little lore there is to the game is done in a very retro computer/hacker type format.   Your game select screen looks like a DOS menu, for example.

You can pick it up on Steam, or even better...DRM free on GOG. 

My ONLY complaint is the price point.  Its a little pricey for an indie title with a relatively short campaign.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Archived