Rowsdower's Videos

Rowsdower70

Nice Video! Nice Haul!

Dig the TG-16 stuff!!!

I think the volleyball game is related to the Kunio Kun/River City Ransom family of games.

It is actually Dodgeball, so that would make sense!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

The secret for me is just to hit as many as I can.   On a GOOD weekend, if we hit 12 garage sales, maybe 3-4 will have stuff.   Today we went to 6 sales, and 2 had video game stuff.  (Technically 3, one had 3 Original XBox Racing games I didn't pick up)

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

No, I get the local paper and hit up the local garage sale facebook groups, and there's another site people advertise on around here.    I get a list together with times, directions, etc.   I like to have a plan of attack, be at x garage sale at 7am, work my way back through more until 8 when I can hit y garage sale.   I do see signs when Im out sometimes to and I always follow them if I can.  If they aren't advertised well, they won't be picked through as much.

I think it is great personally but if I may share some advice I myself was given early on just maybe tighten it up a bit perhaps? You are going to get people whining it's too long! Now of course my attitude was always "well you are free to skip ahead!" but then really what is the point of an intro most people will skip? Just my experience, something uniquely you (which I think works here) but also something quick. I have a couple intros I alternate or sometimes I don't bother with either, it is good to have something people identify with you but these days, especially on youtube the majority of viewers are looking for that quick fix, they don't like ads and they don't like long intros, even 30 seconds is pushing it these days apparently. Think of it like BOOM It's the Rowsdower  show! Drop it like a bomb that is just long enough to grab attention but not so long that today's viewer who can barely focus on something for more than a few seconds will get bored with. You have to consider that even someone who LOVES your content is going to be sitting through that intro every time so in that regard consider the viewers perspective. 

So I guess I would say after the opening logo (which is great) all the live video stuff I think each clip could just have a bit shaved off which would decrease the overall intro by quite a bit, like going through the discs, one or two is fine then cut to something else, just enough to get the idea across for each clip and nothing more. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Great advice MRD!  Maybe I'll leave this for a trailer and make a shortened one for my actual videos.

Hey THAT is a great idea actually, would be great as your channel trailer for sure! 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Nice Finds!

Nice Videos!

Nice Trailer!

The only advice I might give is as you grow, find a stand or tripod for you camera to eliminate the shaky cam effect.

This is a must!

Good stuff, Row.

Makes me feel kinda better for the lack of real retro hauls around here (pre-1985) that it takes so much hunting in your neck of the woods to find any good goods.

I'd say, for vid, sound levels are still a work-in-progress.

I'd give advice, but have no clue how to go about working with mics, equalizers, movie editing software all together to make a final product.

But all in all, it's great to see retro treasure hunting vids.

Looking forward to more.

(and seeing old White Dwarf magazines makes me long for days of campaigns and never-ending gaming runs)

Archived