What are you currently reading?

Clint Thompson

The majority of the time my answer is typically forum posts, tech news bites and a handful of FB or Twitter feeds I tend to keep up on. So many people I know read a ton of books but I've never fit that category - with the exception of a ton of tech books when I was younger and didn't have access to a computer so I would just read all this information, storing it until the day I could use it. It was either video games, computer-related or magazines gawking over a Computer Shopper, PC Gamer, Next Generation and occasionally 2600 quarterly.

I'm a huge fan of Tesle, love what SpaceX and Solar City are doing and find the things Elon Musk working on fascinating as a whole, so this is the book in hand currently:

post-181-0-19509000-1457715764_thumb.jpg

Someday, I hope to actually own a Model S and/or possibly a Roadster Sport (in blue, no less) ;-)

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

Hey, didn't think of that.  I'm not real big on podcasts.  Are they easily downloadable? 

Why yes, yes they are. You can start here:

http://2600gamebygamepodcast.libsyn.com/

;)

BTW, I am currently reading Avenue of Mysteries by John Irving. Next up is X by Sue Grafton. If anyone is on Goodreads, you can find me on there, I think I am under my real name, Robert Ferguson. I am trying to read 30 books this year. 

EDIT: Here's me: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5162526-robert-ferguson

Here's my Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/StormSurge

I read 35 books last year & I was hoping to do the same this year but I'm way behind. Despite what my account shows, I'm re-reading 11/22/63 (which is FANTASTIC) as I'm watching the mini-series on Hulu and trying to remember what happened in the book. (The show is VERY different from the book).

The book I'm currently reading (listening to) is "Ghost in the Wires - My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker". 

So far, it's a very good read.  I didn't realize that "social enginerring" was such an important part of hacking.  Fascinating. 

The book I'm currently reading (listening to) is "Ghost in the Wires - My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker". 

So far, it's a very good read.  I didn't realize that "social enginerring" was such an important part of hacking.  Fascinating. 

FREE KEVIN!!

Read this back in 2012 and loved it! The thing I always fear about reading any new book is that I'll lose interest or the desire to read it will taper off before I read the entire thing but this one had me hooked! Sad to say that it was easier to read through the entirety of this thing than even the Business is Fun Atari book? I loved all the information it had for but whatever reason, I had a difficult time getting through the entire thing but maybe it has more to do with redundant information and already knowing a lot of it.

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

I started taking the train for my work commute, and listening to audio books. 

Just finished "The World Without Us" by Alan Weisman.  Very well written and educational...but man -- depressing.

I read "The World Without Us" a few years ago. It is definitely an interesting read.

Unfortunately, I dont have time to read for pleasure at the moment. Instead, I get to go through "Classics of Organizarion Theory" and "Research Methods for Public Administrators." I imagine my first books after wrapping this program will be fantasy if just to step out of the real world for a moment. I've always wanted to read the Wheel of Time books. I also want to read "Armada."

Archived