Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

resident evil chainsaw controller

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,397 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:47 PM

Ok so i was putting away the winter coats when i stumbled upon my old gamecube controller. I remember buying this new and was persuaded into buying this by a gamestop employee telling me that when you get the chainsaw in the game the controller feels just like a real chainsaw.

But after beating the game i found out that you never actually get a chainsaw in the game and i just bought a $75 uncomfortable controller.

But now that i look at it im glad i bought it.
Anyone ever own one of these? I know they also made one for the ps2. That one was shinny chrome.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160319_223346.jpg
  • 20160319_223417.jpg
  • 20160319_223430.jpg

• MaximumRD, RickR and Lost Dragon like this

#2 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 1,050 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:44 PM

I am a BIG Resident Evil fan (well games 1-4) so obviously I find this frigging awesome ! 

• jmjustin6 likes this

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer
and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd
ON the FACEBOOK? Well have I got the Classic Gaming / Computing group for you!

;) https://www.facebook...ximumrdclassic/

#3 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 05:17 AM

Looking at my Red PS2 one as i speak :-)

Never owned game on PS2, have 2 copies on GC and bought HD version on PS3, love it that much.

But i picked up 3 of these years back when they were dead cheap as they just look so cool as a talking point in the geek collection of mine, so used the other 2 as gifts for friends of mine with similar tastes.

See they've gone up in value over the years, so a good impulse buy on my part me thinks.

:-)

• jmjustin6 likes this

#4 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,397 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

Ive got resident evil 4 for the gamecube, ps2, ps3, and the wii. Oh and on the smartphone. I fell in love with this game the moment i first played. It is definitely my favorite of the resodent evil series

Edited by jmjustin6, 20 March 2016 - 08:39 AM.

• Lost Dragon likes this

#5 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:28 AM

Well, as part of my total exit from Retro Arena/House Move etc 2016.......

This will be joining a good number of once treasured items i've held onto for years, in going to a dear friend of mine who i know will appreciate it and look after it.

It's been a hard call to make, but i'm 42+ and material items, just don't seem as important as they once were.

My friend is really into his Horror stuff, so this bloodsplattered chainsaw will be a welcome gift to him me thinks.

• jmjustin6 likes this

#6 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:12 PM

Just back from dropping off a suitcase loaded with stuff i've decided i no longer need to my 2 dearest friends.

In there were numerous graphic novels, PS3 games, some once highly treasured horror action figures, now quite rare and of course THE Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw controller.

They were shocked i was giving the stuff to them, but as i told'em, friends mean far more to me than material items and i know these are going to a fantastic home and i'll still the items each time i pop over.

But yep, when i said i was leaving a large part of my life in the past, i meant it 100%.

• StormSurge and jmjustin6 like this

#7 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,397 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:36 PM

Did you give away your entire collection ?
  • Lost Dragon likes this

#8 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:41 AM

Believe it or not, i actually AM in the process of giving away 95% of my entire collection when it comes to games and hardware.The % is less for things like graphic novels etc, but yep, it really is an everything MUST go (to deserving homes) type affair.

My 360 collection so far gone between family and friends.

PS3 collection friends.

PS2 stuff looking like charity shop bound as most of my friends are like i was, hordes of PS2 games boxed away, as is PS2 itself, but then PS2 i own, was in fact a gift along with 60 PS2 games few years agpo, when friend upgraded, so i'm just continuing where he left off.

1 of my Xboxes already gone, another my folks use as a DVD player, just the games to get shot of.

Ditto the PS1, GB hardware and software.

PC games and N64 games i had sat on, will be going.

As will the GBA, GB Micro and games.

That just leaves.....

Neo Geo Pocket Colour, Dreamcast, Tomy Tronic 3D handhelds etc etc etc to find homes for.

#9 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,248 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:56 AM

Wow, Lost Dragon...I have a lot of respect for what you are doing.  Letting go of "stuff" is a step to enlightenment.  I've been trying to do the same, but not really that successful with my old video games. 

But books, magazines, trinkets, PC games....I've been making progress on getting all of those out. 

• Lost Dragon likes this

#10 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,248 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

And PS - please let me know about any handhelds you'd like to sell.  I know shipping would be high, but I do love those things. 

#11 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:12 PM

Thank you for the (very) kind words :-)

No, it's not been easy, i invested a HUGE amount of money in all this stuff over the years, maybe foolishly in a lot of cases :-) books, games, films etc i never took too in way i thought i would, but hey, that's the nature of the beast i guess.

Yes, i could as my friends keep saying/offering to do on my behalf, raise a lot of money from sale of it all via Ebay and at a time my shift has changed and i'm worse off than i was 6 months ago, it'd come in bloody handy, but......

For all my sins (and they are many) i'm not materialistic to that degree.

In all honesty the easiest thing to shift has been huge stacks of old magazines.So much utter crap was written as FACT and that's been used as 'evidence' of lost games, without any real investigation, over the years, cue likes of Unseen64/GTW etc sorting wheat from chaff.....

I'm not at all sad to see them go to recycling.

The useful pages..screens/interviews etc left, will be going to Unseen64, as i want that info shared

#12 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:16 PM

For the time being, not touching my PSP or DC collection.Everything else? open game...

Are you after anything in particular?

The Neo-Geo Pocket Colour is boxed, new, NEVER used, 6 loose games (in plastic shells).

GB Printer never use, GB only few times, boxed.

GBA loose, GB Micro has a box..somewhere.

I've a lot of loose+boxed GBA carts, i'll dig through them for you.

Ditto the Tomy stuff.

Also have big box Starfox 64+Rumble Pack, N64 Command and Conq etc few things like that kicking around.

#13 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

All i might ask is for cost of shipping, if it's anything daft.

You can have the stuff for free.

Like i say day i do something for fame/personal gain in the Retro Community, rather than THE COMMUNITY itself, is going to be a rather sad day indeed.

Would you be interested in the non-working stuff as well?

Not tried the Tomy 3D Biplanes handheld for years (unboxed) screen was dicky when i bought it off Ebay, sound did work..

Edited by Lost Dragon, 03 April 2016 - 12:21 PM.

• RickR likes this

#14 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,248 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:36 PM

Absolutely.  I'll bet I can fix the broken items.  No rush, and no pressure.  Please just PM me when you are ready.  Thank you.

• Lost Dragon likes this

#15 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:58 PM

I'm back to work (after a shutdown) in a couple of days, plus every box is currently stored at folks house, so will take some digging through, so maybe we'll do it via a couple of parcels over a few weeks?.

And your welcome.

The community here has simply been amazing, it's the very least i can do to give something back, before i go anywhere.
  • StormSurge likes this

#16 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,248 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

Sounds great.

Those Tomytronic 3D handhelds are of particular interest to me.  I think I'm the only fellow in N. America who actually loves the Nintendo Virtual Boy, and the Tomytronic's remind me a lot of that fabulous system. 

NeoGeo Pocket would be really cool too...I've never even seen one of those in real life.  Really, anything you have will be treasured here.  And honestly, I understand if you change your mind or want to give to others too. 

I just found a good retro gaming club here in my town, and my plan is to take some of these treasures of mine in to share and see what I can learn from the other knowledgeable folks there.  Was going to start with my current handheld collection, which is already pretty extensive.  My favorites are the really old mechanical Tomy units.

• Lost Dragon likes this

#17 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:43 PM

Like i say, never actually used the Neo Geo Colour, so won't miss that, bought on a whim

Dog Fight/Stereo Skyfighters-I think screen might have given up the ghost, so there's 1st parcel already.

I might want to keep Planet Zeon/Sky Attack....and Thundering Turbo.

The 1 i was always after was:

Sherman Attack

Never found it, sadly....

:-(

#18 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,397 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:43 PM

Wow any boxed atari or Nintendo games you are lookong to pass on?
  • Lost Dragon likes this

#19 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:21 AM

. Funny you should say that....

Atari no....i got shot of everything when i got rid of the Jaguar, but Nintendo....

I'll PM you in a sec.
  • jmjustin6 likes this

#20 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:59 AM

Ok, so here's how it's been broken down so far:

THE mega Parcel of info went to Unseen64 (Italy) via Air Mail yesterday, cost a bomb, but 1 off so worth it.

My Mint/unused Neo-Geo Colour Pocket+6 games will be going to:RickR

The GB Pack will be going to:jmjustin6

Earliest i can parcel them up and send them out will be next monday.

There will be NO shipping charges, let alone anything asked in return, for either of them, only they get far more use than i ever gave them.

• MaximumRD, RickR and StormSurge like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users