Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

resident evil chainsaw controller

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,409 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:42 PM

It has gotten here today thank you so much lost dragon
  • MaximumRD and Lost Dragon like this

#42 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,409 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:52 PM

Here is what wa in the box all the way from England

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160418_163647.jpg
  • 20160418_163654.jpg
  • 20160418_163719.jpg

• Greyfox, RickR, StormSurge and 1 other like this

#43 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,277 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:17 PM

My box also arrived.  I will take pictures soon.  Thank you LostDragon. 

• MaximumRD, Greyfox and Lost Dragon like this

#44 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,277 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:47 PM

The NeoGeo Pocket Color was new in the box, and it is AWESOME.  A very nice system, one of the nicer handheld systems I've ever played.  I've been having a lot of fun with this over the past few days. 

A special thanks to Lost Dragon.  I promise you these games will all be played and loved.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• Lost Dragon 2016-04-18 002.JPG

• MaximumRD, StormSurge, Lost Dragon and 1 other like this

#45 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:27 AM

Glad to see everything made it safely to you good people and thank you all for the very kind words.

It's simply fantastic to know the hardware and games will now be used, rather than sat in a box somewhere in storage, as they had been for years here at my end.

Enjoy and once again thanks to ALL for making this the great community it is.
  • MaximumRD, Greyfox, RickR and 2 others like this

#46 Greyfox

Greyfox

Orange Member

• 213 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:13 AM

Just reading through this topic and in my opinion takes a special type of generosity to have the ability to do something like this and bring joy to those that will appreciate the gifts, lost Dragon has been both an outstanding companion of mine during our time on the St gamer and Atari gamer magazine series and just wanted to say exclusively "Thank You" to him, I hope that our friendship will continue to carry on well after the point of leaving the retro community and look to what lies ahead.

As I'm sure the people here will agree, your actually a tower of inspiration of what a community friendship is all about and generous unbiased and genuine person you are and have always been. So people who have received your gifts remember that sentiment.

Take care.

Darren.
  • MaximumRD, RickR, StormSurge and 2 others like this

Atari Gamer Magazine - Explore the Atari 8-bit in the 21st Century

↓↓Click Here to See More↓↓

WWW.ATARIGAMER.CO.UK

#47 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:51 PM

Thanks Greyfox :-)

It really is as simple as i've said from day 1...

With likes of ST Gamer/Atari Gamer, i thought both the A8 and ST range were being criminally ignored by UK Retro Press, so it was a personal honour to be able to play some small role in assisting with your wonderous publications in order to try and re-establish coverage and get some fresh insights from coders, artists etc rather than re-tread on a very worn path of information.

Never been interested in fame, paid work in terms of research, not claiming i'm a writer or anything, just happy to share research into formats/games i owned, rather than buy something just to get another article in...

And with regards things i bought on a whim, never used, i'm chuffed to buggery to see the community here making great use of it all.

Lifes too short to put personal gain ahead of helping others.

• Greyfox and StormSurge like this

#48 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:51 AM

Today sees my entire collection of Official Xbox magazines put out for recycling.

Plus into a Cancer Research UK Donation Bag go:

All my Halo,Mass Effect and Resistance Fall Of Man novels, along with videogame related books like Jacked, Digital Retro, The Ultiimate History Of Video Games, 1001 Video Games you Must Play Before You Die etc etc.
  • RickR, nosweargamer, StormSurge and 1 other like this

#49 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,154 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.u2.jp

• Lost Dragon and jmjustin6 like this

#50 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:28 AM

Found a home for my PS2 as well now.

Friend of mine's partner wants it for their new home, she's a massive Tomb Raider fan, wants to re-play PS1 TR III and was well into PS2 TR:Legend, before her PS2 died (bless), lent her my PSP and TR:Legend until i can dig out the PS2 from storage.

But again, it's just fantastic to see my old hardware being given a lease of new life and actually played.

I'll get it set up for her via Component cables rather than SCART to boot :-)

• RickR and jmjustin6 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users