eBay Finds

RickR

I'm really trying to snag a 2600 Popeye cart... kind of embarrassed when I went to play it to give feedback for Ferg's podcast and it wasn't on my shelf  :o

Does this seem reasonable or overpriced?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Popeye-Atari-2600-Video-Game-Cartridge-1983-Parker-Brothers-Tested-Works/202172848233?epid=56238455&hash=item2f1270d869:g:0dMAAOSwmOJZ7NPA

If someone has one on here available for sale or trade just let me know, thanks!

I've got an extra "Amidar", but no Popeye :(

I think that one is priced fine.  Free shipping makes it good.  Maybe a touch high, but it looks to be in nice condition. 

I've got an extra "Amidar", but no Popeye :(

I think that one is priced fine.  Free shipping makes it good.  Maybe a touch high, but it looks to be in nice condition. 

I think I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on it... I was thinking 5 dollars was a good limit, but the only ones in that range have messed up labels. I don't see it turn up in the local retro shops too much either so that's a factor. Thanks!

Not sure if yall are seeing this but Adventure for the 2600 is blowing up on ebay right now! Loose ones are going for $50 or maybe more and a boxed one just sold for $150!!

That's crazy! It must be because of Ready Player One. I don't see these prices lasting.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Well not from ebay but from mercari. This has been on my want list for years now. I would say a holy grail item for me. I always saw them on ebay but they were a little too high for my liking. Anyway i got a good deal on this one because the end of the RF cable is chewed off. But i asked ricks help and hopefully it should be an easy fix. Im off friday and i will open this bad boy up and figure it out. Any insight from you all would be great. Man im excited to see this thing work!

post-844-0-64713200-1537406244_thumb.jpg

post-844-0-74564900-1537406398_thumb.jpeg

Edited by jmjustin6

I bought a sega game gear box and inserts off ebay. It wasnt in the best shape (I knew that when I bought it) so I messaged the guy asking if he could take some precautions in the shipping department and package it nicely. here is what I got. He used a cut box and wrapped it around the game gear box. I will say that it doesnt loom too much worse than what it looked like on ebay but I mean come on. This is just horrible packaging and why I normally try to stay away from buying from unknown people. 

20191101_180113.jpg

20191101_180121.jpg

20191101_174507.jpg

20191101_174452.jpg

20191101_174502.jpg

Screenshot_20191027-100224_eBay.jpg

On 9/19/2018 at 8:23 PM, jmjustin6 said:

Well not from ebay but from mercari. This has been on my want list for years now. I would say a holy grail item for me. I always saw them on ebay but they were a little too high for my liking. Anyway i got a good deal on this one because the end of the RF cable is chewed off. But i asked ricks help and hopefully it should be an easy fix. Im off friday and i will open this bad boy up and figure it out. Any insight from you all would be great. Man im excited to see this thing work!

post-844-0-64713200-1537406244_thumb.jpg

post-844-0-74564900-1537406398_thumb.jpeg

I would get a spare 2600 RF cable, take the console apart, and see if that would work.  I'm not familiar with the console so I don't know if they soldered the other end on or did like Atari did with the 2600 and had a RCA jack soldered on the board.  That would be my suggestion and by far the cheapest solution.