Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Atari Introduces the Falcon030 - Sept. 23rd, 1992

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:56 AM

:-)) Whilst I continue to take flak on Wikipedia for pointing out Atari UK just go along with suggested Lynx sales figures, it's a proven point that they really didn't seem aware of true sales figures for hardware in Europe,no matter the format..

Falcon just another prime example..

In late '93, Bob Gleadlow claiming total European sales figures between 13,000 and 14,000 with 40% of those vague figures due to sales in Germany.

Far too vague to get a true idea of just how many sold and in which areas,specifically..

#22 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:19 PM

Trying to boost the UK aspect of The Falcon on here,as much as I can, as it's a platform I've yet to see looked at by the supposed UK Atari expert..

So throwing every snippet I have onto the forum here so at least folks have something of a reference...

It seems due to the poor exchange rates between the pound and the dollar by the time the Falcon launched in UK,Atari were 'forced' into slapping an extra £100 on the RRPA move which took the industry by surprise,as they expected Atari to go with the Power Without The Price angle and save money by putting Falcon in the new casing.

Atari UK defended the move by saying Falcon still offered greater vfm than an equivalent PC.

#23 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:49 PM

Mentioned in Jaguar Memories thread Atari sending Teque London a Jaguar CD development kit and an Atari Falcon for Jag CD WTR Racing development? well according to Justin Heyes-Jones , The Falcon didn't last long..AT ALL...

They literally took it out of the box and plugged it straight into the 240 Volt power supply, without realising they needed a power convertor..blew the damn thing to hell, there and then...

Whoops...

• Clint Thompson likes this

#24 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:58 PM

Dave Lowe, who did the fantastic ST Starglider intro music, plus helped with Jaguar Cybermorph music, had an Atari falcon in his music studio for a while, but doesn't seem to recal if he made any music on it....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users