Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

The Art of Atari book

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 The Professor

The Professor

• 1,032 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:56 PM

That's a $50 difference for the cover. Is there more in there?

#22 Ballblaɀer

Ballblaɀer

Defender

• 465 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:56 PM

The Deluxe Edition features:

A sturdy Deluxe Edition slipcase, perfectly capturing the design of vintage game packaging!
A unique, leather-bound Deluxe Edition "Game Cartridge" cover design!
An Atari Vault Steam Key, allowing fans to relive the Golden Age of Gaming with 100 of the most popular iconic games (including Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, and many more), now with online multiplayer capability!
A frameable Limited Edition Print featuring brand-new artwork by original Atari artist Cliff Spohn!

• Justin and The Professor like this

#23 The Professor

The Professor

• 1,032 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:59 PM

The Deluxe Edition features:

See, now that sounds great! :thumb:

#24 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:09 PM

The Deluxe edition price is simply too much for me to justify.

I'm NOT knocking the extras, but the steam key? useless to myself, i'd love the exclusive artwork mind, but i just cannot go down the path of buying deluxe editions of books like this when there are loads of books i plan to get even yet...

Want the art/design books for Dark Souls II and III for starters, have this book on Pre-order, just bought A Gremlin In The Works, add that to History Of:US Gold, Ocean Software, Untold Story Of Jap Videogame designers (Vol 2 out now), Thalion book, Greyfoxes Coin-Op book/Unseen64 book etc yet to come.....

More i start looking, more i end up wanting :-)

• Greyfox and StormSurge like this

#25 Ballblaɀer

Ballblaɀer

Defender

• 465 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:28 PM

I really look forward to seeing what the Spohn print looks like (and what its dimensions are). And I'll use the Steam key for sure. That said, I can totally understand balking at the Deluxe price.

I think the $99 list price is high, but at $74 or less I'm in. I'll be glad to have the leather-bound cover, for as much as I plan to refer to the book and flip through it.
  • Justin and Lost Dragon like this

#26 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:38 PM

I've racked up a fair whack on my credit card already (gulp) this month, actually like decided to use my PS4 for games, rather than a paper wieght :-)

Plus ordered various novels, films, TV series etc.

Been birthdays to take care of, pre-ordered movies, books etc

Just paid garage for 2 new tyres..service due soon, then MOT....

Rent comes out 1st of each month...

Lost my extra saturdays at work...

So at times i'm like the proverbial kid at sweet shop window..want the big bar of chocolate, walking out with bag of penny chews :-)

• Greyfox likes this

#27 AlamoAtari

AlamoAtari

Apple Member

• 510 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:56 AM

For anyone still on the fence, here is a review I saw on YouTube. John Riggs don't know much about Atari, more of a Nintendo guy, but he has the book and flips through it.

• Justin and Ballblaɀer like this

#28 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,270 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:08 PM

Are people paying $50, $75, $99 for this book?????

Then, I found a great deal!    https://www.hpb.com/...i-9781524101039

$22.39 + $3.99 ship @ Half Price Books website

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#29 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,161 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:31 AM

It finally shipped!!! I should have it Monday.

I paid $23.99

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users