Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Lost Atari Beavis and Butt-Head Arcade Game Found

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,168 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:07 AM

http://kotaku.com/lo...dium=Socialflow

Lost Beavis and Butt-Head Arcade Game Found, Restored And Now Playable
detr5lzlvzmyrp74ldey.jpg

In 1996, Atari started work on a Beavis & Butt-Head arcade game. It tested poorly, was never completed and few of the 12 prototype machines were believed to be alive and obtainable. Until Galloping Ghost Arcade got their hands on one and got it working again.

Built using 3DO-based hardware and incomplete at the time of its cancellation, the cabinet—#9 of 12—has been repaired and is now part of the Chicago arcade’s collection. Bizarrely, because of the weird hardware the game was built on, they actually had to go out and buy an old 3DO console to get the parts they needed.

While it’s not the only surviving version of the game, it’s thought to be the only one that’s going to be regularly playable in an arcade.

You can see an older video—likely taken at one of the other cabinet’s regular appearance at the California Arcade Experience—of Beavis & Butt-Head in action below.

• Video 61, StormSurge, Retrogamer81081 and 2 others like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#2 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,265 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:25 AM

Awesome! I must play this

#3 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,168 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:51 AM

http://www.toparcade...nes.net/bb.html

• Retrogamer81081 likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#4 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,168 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:54 AM

actual game play of the one at the 2016 Midwest Gaming Classic: https://www.facebook...07955840527222/

• Retrogamer81081 likes this

#5 Retrogamer81081

Retrogamer81081

Apple Member

• 562 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:21 PM

That looks like a fun arcade game! A shame they produced and manufactured a handful of them. It is reminescent to the Ninja Turtles, Turtles in Time, and Simpson's arcade games. I was a big Beavis and Butt- Head aficionado back in the 90's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users