My Local(ish) Game Store

Rowsdower70

I don't really talk about the fact that we have a local chain with 2 locations for old vidya games.    It's owned by a NES generation guy who really doesn't get anything older in.   (That could be because he doesn't offer anything for them on trade in because he says there's no market).
Anyway, his stuff is NES or newer and usually above eBay so I almost never shop there unless I need a quick fix on cables or DS chargers.  Even then, I can usually do better at Second and Charles. 

But....the bastard finally got something in that I want....
13015591_973258189430330_721068615218707

Bottom left here you'll see the Fairchild Channel F.   Only it isn't a Channel F, its a Fairchild VES meaning it is one of the ones prior to the release of the VCS and name change.

Guy wants $100 bucks for it and 2 games though.   Maybe if I kick ass at Retropalooza.....

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

you should go back and get it before its gone then - by the time the expo is over it might be sold.  :(

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

I do see 3 Atari POS signs behind the counter on the wall!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Great price for the Channel F VES! I'd definetley take it off his hands if I was in your situation. :)

Well if you were in my situation, you'd be broke! ;)   I think he's had it quite some time.   

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I do see 3 Atari POS signs behind the counter on the wall!

Yeah, this is a new location he's opening.   He has one in Beaumont, but now he's opening in Lumberton...about 15 minutes from me.

Yeah, this is a new location he's opening.   He has one in Beaumont, but now he's opening in Lumberton...about 15 minutes from me.

did he open yet?

Archived