Anyone that repairs atari xe

Need to know of anyone who repairs Atari xe have 2 of them but have issue one of them the controller port is damaged cause any controller you connect the buttons won't respond and the other one the start button on the console doesn't work so I can't play Atari 400 or 800, Atari xe is OK cause you can start the game with the joystick. Any website or anyone who can do this type of work is appreciated thanks.

sorry about the delay, i had a grueling doctors appointment today. i've done work on these machines for about 30 years. the controller port might be loose, those computers have the side angle ports, that some people have a hard time with. if the holes where the port mounts are elongated, most likely the board is shot. there is a chip and a couple resistor to look at also, if the port is not loose. the pastel buttons are notorious for being worn out. but there could be more.

that is the best i can do right now, without looking at the machine.

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

Not to deter you from fixing your XE Game System but you can get a brand new board on eBay for $49 and with the cost involved of having it shipped both ways and then the price involved in paying for the work to have it repaired, you may be just better off buying a new board and holding on to this board as a backup in the future or at a time when the repair is more price friendly.

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

That might have been me - ( eightbitfix.com ) the XE's are a pain in the ass to work on. I bought a new hot air station to work on them, but even then it's proven to be hard not to pull up traces. The switches are simple, but new boards are $50 at B&C Computervisions. If you ask nicely, Bruce will replace the ram with sockets and good ram. The switches and ram are the two most common problems. If you look at the ram, and you see ' MT ', good luck. They either just go bad, or act as static ram and hold bits of data after the machine has been turned off.

Archived