Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

You know what really grinds my gears?

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#141 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,064 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:40 PM

....someone runs into hard times, and they have to sell some of their collection.   No fault there, happens to us all. 

Then they list their stuff all at top ebay prices.

iWKad22.jpg

• RickR and Lost Dragon like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#142 dauber

dauber

Orange Member

• 117 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:38 AM

I hate bad-mouthing people, but this really grinds my gears...

I commented on a post my sister-in-law made on Facebook. Later on when I was at work -- I'm a web developer for a living and every time I make a change I have to do a build to make the change take effect -- I did a brief Facebook check while waiting for the build to finish, and my sis-in-law had replied to my comment with a couple of comments telling me, "Call me ASAP! I lost your number!"

Now...I never know with my sister-in-law whether there's a real emergency or she's just blowing things out of proportion. Heh...recently she asked me to call her sister in the hospital because she was worried (and the way she was carrying on, you'd think her sister was at death's door), so just to calm her down I called her sister, who was practically on her way *out* of the hospital to go home! Another time she wanted me to call her, and she spent half an hour crying about some random crap about my parents (long story, but there was no reason for that), etc. Woman is just a basket case.

And she always does this stuff when my brother is away -- his job requires him to travel a lot, and he just flew out to Baltimore for a training session for his job.

So...thinking that if I called her, she'd keep me on the phone forever and I'd have to come up with an excuse to hang up ("I have to go into a meeting!" etc.) -- I'm not the kind of person to just angrily hang up on people -- so I figured I'd compromise. I sent her a text and said, "I can't talk right now, but I'll call you when I can. What's going on?"

The reason I had to call her ASAP: she was trying to get concert tickets for her sister, and Ticketbastard's web site was jammed. And she wanted me to try.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

So yeah...apparently I don't have a job or anything that would make me busy. Apparently I have time to deal with that.

ARHGHGHGHHHGHHRHGRHGHH....

And later I heard she did the same to my niece (her stepdaughter)....

Oh, and...I blocked her on Facebook. Man....made me so angry that I had to have some booze, and now I'm watching Oliver!....on a Friday night. This is what people do to me sometimes.

Edited by dauber, 25 February 2017 - 01:49 AM.

• Rowsdower70 and Lost Dragon like this

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

#143 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,064 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

Well, the good news is some booze and Oliver!  is a pretty decent evening. :)

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#144 dauber

dauber

Orange Member

• 117 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

Truth be told, I only survived the first 30 minutes of Oliver! and then remembered that I pretty much hate musicals (except Hair) and wanted to do something else.

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users