Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

You know what really grinds my gears?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#161 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,476 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:29 PM

This is part of the risk of buying stuff outside the normal "ebay" route. People rag on ebay sometimes, but they really do a good job of protecting buyers from this type of silliness.

I think we've all had situations like this. There isn't much you can do except grit your teeth and wait it out. My advice to you is to make note of this person and never buy from them again. Don't complain. Don't tell them. Just privately blackball them.

The only other advice I can offer is to avoid paying as "Friends and Family" for these types of Facebook group buys. If you pay as goods, Paypal offers some recourse if things go bad. Pay extra to cover the fees if you have to.

On the bright side, it sounds like you do have the item on the way, so this will probably turn out just fine. Just a delay. And lies. It happens, and I'm sorry.

Yea i always pay goods and services. Even whrn they tell me to do friends i say ill pay the fee. Its not too much anyway and i like the feeling of being secured. And after the second day of him telling me he didnt have the tracking i was really considering filing a PayPal claim.

But he is definitely not getting my business again
  • RickR likes this

#162 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,471 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:33 PM

Good man. 

Now don't let it grind your gears too much.  It will turn out just fine.  I know it's so easy to dwell on negative.  But it really does eat up your soul if you let it. 

Enjoy that platinum Gamecube when it arrives.  Post some pics!  Those things are awesome. 

• jmjustin6 likes this

#163 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,476 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:30 PM

Good man.

Now don't let it grind your gears too much. It will turn out just fine. I know it's so easy to dwell on negative. But it really does eat up your soul if you let it.

Enjoy that platinum Gamecube when it arrives. Post some pics! Those things are awesome.

Yea i got it because i need to fill the box i got from the game shop that closed, but sadly it doesnt come with a controller so im gonna have to hunt a platinum controller down now

#164 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,476 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:31 PM

I got it today

#165 CrossBow

CrossBow

Orange Member

• 213 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:18 PM

Not sure this has been mentioned in the thread yet...but what grinds my gears...

People who do not use their turn indicators when driving!!!

It is especially bad when I'm in a center turn lane waiting to make a left turn into a parking lot and I see a car coming down the street...and then suddenly they just turn into the lot with no signal ever having been used.

The other one that pisses me off is when I'm waiting to turn out of my neighborhood or a parking lot and the car in front of me wants to make a left but never turned on their left indicator so I would know this ahead of time. Why does that matter you might wonder?

Simple, if I'm in a parking lot and see a car needing to make a left out of the lot and cross lanes of traffic having to do so, then I will drive to another exit from the parking lot so I don't have to wait for them to get brave enough to make that left hand turn. It is like they know they will piss off people behind them if they have it turned on, so they just rather not let you know. I can usually tell with the wheels and how they are situated if they are planning to go left, but I've had them actually had their wheels cut slight to the right and then still end up turning left in a larger turning arch as if they suddenly changed their mind as they were just about to turn to the right.

Beyond frustrating to me. Course my wife thinks it is odd that I still use my indicators in the neighborhood in the middle of the evening without any other traffice around me. Just habit since I always use them.

• Justin and jmjustin6 like this

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.c...owercollections

#166 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:56 PM

Not sure this has been mentioned in the thread yet...but what grinds my gears...

That hit a nerve! You are so right on. A few years ago I moved out of a city/state where absolutely no one used their turn signals. I'd mention this to friends when we were out and they'd laugh it off. Signaling for a turn isn't a courtesy, it's communicating your intentions while driving. On multiple occasions I've had people in that town fail to signal, turn right in front of me, stop mid-turn and look at me like I'm the jerk. This was Grade-A Twilight Zone stuff, I felt like I had entered The Upside Down. 

I moved away a few years ago and currently live in South Florida. In my lifetime I've lived in a few different states across the country. I've heard the jokes through the years about "those crazy Florida Drivers". It's true we have some blue-haired old ladies who might drive a little slow in the neighborhood and grocery store parking lots, and Miami is it's own bubble of insanity, and yes traffic near the theme parks has a rush hour at 9pm when hordes of exhausted out of state drivers are leaving for the night, but all-in-all driving is pretty decent here. It seems like every place I've lived has had some "driving characteristic" (I lived in Houston once for a year, everybody seemed to do 95-100 mph on the highway as the norm) but nothing comes anywhere close to people not using their turn signals while driving and having that be seen as an accepted cultural norm.

#167 CrossBow

CrossBow

Orange Member

• 213 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:53 PM

Not as much of a pain..but honestly more dangerous are people that make that right turn just as my arrow to make my left turn kicks on. They always feel they can make that turn before I do, but when they delay just a bit I literally have to stop in the middle of the my turn to see which lane they will take up because they are turning into my path and should have just waited. 

Naturally they didn't use their turn indicators either for me to at least be on my guard they might turn into my lane just as my arrow says to GO.

I live in Oklahoma and at least for the past 5 years I've noticed the lack of signal use being more and more prevalent and it is such a simple thing that will never get enforced.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.c...owercollections

#168 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,476 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:37 PM

Yes! Oh my god yes!! I drive for a living and i see it everyday. I see so many people almost get into accidents because people make abrupt stops and make a right turn without using their turn signal!!!

And ive done this a few times (maybe like 3 times)... if i am going the same way as the person who didnt use their turn signal and we are at a stop light next to each other i roll my window down and tell them as such. One guy said sorry others just look at me like im crazy. It might be crazy to yell at you at red light but you really need to learn!

Ok sorry that hit me deep inside hahaa
  • Justin likes this

#169 CrossBow

CrossBow

Orange Member

• 213 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:45 PM

And ive done this a few times (maybe like 3 times)... if i am going the same way as the person who didnt use their turn signal and we are at a stop light next to each other i roll my window down and tell them as such. One guy said sorry others just look at me like im crazy. It might be crazy to yell at you at red light but you really need to learn!

That is something I would not risk here. Doing something like that can easily set someone off on road rage and become a much worse issue. Best to just be on my guard all the time and assume people will do things they may or may not do in regards to driving their car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users