Hello From Florida

Classic.Contagious here.

Mike R., one of my subscribers on YouTube mentioned Atari.IO and I finally had the chance to stop by.  Looking great so far.

I'm a Video Game / Retro Computer geek who's been collecting since the mid-90's but I've been enjoying the gaming life since 1981-1982 when I was introduced by my

6th grade teacher to a TRS-80 model 3 and allowed the class to play games on it.  I've been hooked ever since.  I'm around 3400 games in my collection and setup at our

local flea market on the weekends with my wife selling games and comics.  Some of my favorite systems are the Atari 2600, Atari 8-bit computers as well as the Commodore 64.

Hope to enjoy and participate more in the future.

CC

Hey man!  Glad to see you made it. :)

You'll probably see a sprinkling of your videos already shared here and there. 

Please jump in anytime, and if you see folks in chat drop by!

We also have a killer little trading community, and do Junkboxes from time to time.

:thumb:

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Welcome!  As the self-appointed Atari.IO Forum Treasurer (new position -- just created, by me) I will gladly collect your admission fee of one Atlantis II cartridge, at your earliest convenience please.

Haha!  The treasurer is quite specific about what is acceptable currency. 

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

nosweargamer:

Well I grew up in Polk City on 300+ acre farm.  In the 90's I moved to Lakeland and about 6 years ago I got married and moved to Zephyrhills.   We setup at the Big Top Flea market in Tampa.

Wow. I just moved from Polk County. Lived there for over 10 years.  

Welcome to the forums.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Retrogamer81081:

I used to submit scores all the time to Highscore.com and actually was the reigning champion for about 9 months but I've not had much time to do it lately.  I'll definitely submit a few for sure even though I'm not very good hehe.

It's all just fun competition among friends and it'll be great to have you in the club  :pole_position_blimp:

Welcome aboard!

Zephyrhills. Bottled water? (I haven't been to Florida in 14 years, that's what I remember though.  :unsure: )

My wife was actually bummed that they don't have that brand of water here. That was here favorite and the other bottled waters don't taste the same. She was very excited when someone from our new church, who happened to have a friend coming up from Florida bring her 2 cases!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Archived