Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Clash of the 32-bit Titans! Atari Falcon vs. Commodore A1200 - Network News

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 604 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:37 AM

Scan provided by Lost Dragn - Enjoy!

clashofthe32bittitans.jpg

• The Professor, MaximumRD, RickR and 2 others like this

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#2 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:42 AM

Going off memory, Gamesmaster TV show had a feature on Falcon, Space Junk featured as well there.

Irony being it never appeared on Falcon or Jag CD or Sega CD, or anything at all :'(

#3 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 604 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:20 AM

Going off memory, Gamesmaster TV show had a feature on Falcon, Space Junk featured as well there.

Irony being it never appeared on Falcon or Jag CD or Sega CD, or anything at all :'(

I had the Space Junk demo or whatever it was when I had a Falcon some decade ago and was truly impressed with it. Of course after looking into it because I then wanted to play the game was disappointed to learn that production had ceased for it and was cancelled.

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#4 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:23 AM

It's Imagitec though, so par the course.

Freelancer screens supplied to Gamesmaster Mag? try running on high end PC running Argonaut's BRender software.Total B.S shots and that annoyed the hell out of me, as it was these screens and preview of Tempest 2000, along with Gamesmaster TV's rolling footage of beta version of AVP, that convinced me to get a Jaguar, day 1.

I know it was common practice to produce mock screens, just so press had something to run with, but it did bloody annoy that yet again, industry and press lied to consumer.

No freelancer, no Space Junk, i sometimes think they should of simply stuck to clones and conversions...

Oh and annoucing Viking Child was only the 1st of 3 games in the series headed to Lynx was a bit bloody premature, game hadn't exactly set ST/Amiga world alight and i know Lynx needed a Wonderbloy clone to go agains't Sega's Game Gear, but lets see how how 1st game sells, eh Imagitec?.

Edited by Lost Dragon, 19 May 2016 - 11:49 AM.

• Clint Thompson likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users