Atari I/O Retro Junk Box V: The Retro Strikes Back!

post-457-0-95532400-1463690731_thumb.jpg

The next Junk Box is getting ready to go into hyperspace soon!

ETA of departure is June 4th 2016

(the following is from No Swear Gamers Retro Box post for the rules and requirements for this event)

Here's how the Retro Junk Box works:

What It Is: Willie! fills a large USPS Priority Mail Flate Rate Box full of retro-related items and sends it to another member. They take out what they want, fill it back up and send it to the next person. It keeps going until it returns to the original sender.

History: Click Here For The Full History

Who Can Participate: This is open to members in good standing who have reached Orange Status* (or successful traders with at least 50 posts here), have been a registered Atari I/O member for at least 90 days, live in the US and have been active in the forums or chats during the last month. (See your Avatar to see the fruits you have earned).

* Orange Status is mysteriously rewarded between 100 & 150 posts. 

What is Required: Participants must send the box out within 3 days of getting it, pay for the postage to send it out ($18.75) and must post a photo or video of what they took out. (leave the rest as a mystery!)

Items Taken Out MUST Be Replaced With Items Of Equal Or Greater Value: The Retro Junk Box celebrates the generous and friendly spirit of the forums! Those who participate will be expected to contribute to the spirit of the Retro Junk Box, and must replenish the box with items of an equal or greater value than what they chose to take out.

Those who abuse the generosity of other participants will be denied the opportunity of participating again. Egregious violations will result in the offending member losing prize and event participation privileges, or worse, being removed from the site.

Other Notes: Since it is free to do so with Priority Mail, I would insure the box for $50 to help pay to fill another one in the unlikely event that the USPS ever lost it. Please keep the box mostly (at least 51%) gaming related. Newer items are ok if they are retro related in some way. Please try to be fair in what you replace value wise and please no duplicate games on the same system. Please avoid putting in broken items/games if possible.  Please use packing material to fill in nooks and crannies to prevent items from getting broken. (Plastic bags work good for this)

:spot: Feel free to reuse and decorate the box! :spot:

If you meet the requirements and agree to the terms, please let me know by responding to the thread along with what state you are located in so we can begin to order the list. DO NOT POST YOUR FULL ADDRESS HERE    :)

Also, if you need to be on a certain spot on the list, because you won't be available later, let us know (for instance, if you are going on a trip or work assignment).

So let the list begin!  please post a reply per the terms above so a list can be generated!

Willie has lots of stuff to try and cram in that little ole box :P

post-457-0-38055000-1463691097_thumb.jpg

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512

Here is the list so far, while the box is going around please still join in :)

Chas10E – Maine
RickR – Oregon
Retrogamer81081 – Texas
NoSwearGamer – Tennessee
Rowsdower70 – Texas
Ballblazer – Maryland
cooreagonzalez -
AtariBrian – NY
Clint Thompson – Indiana

First stop is Chas10E - Chas please PM me your mailing address, when you get the box and are ready to send it on to the next person please contact me :)  The box is due to leave this weekend June 4th :)

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512

Here is the list so far, while the box is going around please still join in :)

Chas10E – Maine

RickR – Oregon

Retrogamer81081 – Texas

NoSwearGamer – Tennessee

Rowsdower70 – Texas

Ballblazer – Maryland

cooreagonzalez -

AtariBrian – NY

Clint Thompson – Indiana

First stop is Chas10E - Chas please PM me your mailing address, when you get the box and are ready to send it on to the next person please contact me :)  The box is due to leave this weekend June 4th :)

w00t :party: :spot: \o/ 

PM'd 

Thanks Willie ;)

ok on my step was RJB-V with a susseful trade from Malak :)

gallery_823_15_9612.jpg

some nice stuff in there ... items I grabbed were:

"Edladdin Seagul 78" sega pad adapter for 7800, Jeopardy PnP, INTV Space Spartans, GBA connect 4; Perfection & Trouble cib , GB Joust/Defender , Sega (Genny) Liberty or Death (loose) X-Men (cib) Ecco the Dolphin (cib) , new Breakout carabiner and 7800 Ms. Pac-man

gallery_823_15_1160800.jpg

Loaded up & ready for address ... hopefully out on Friday

gallery_823_15_531578.jpg

Thanks Willie , shot ya a PM ;)

Great Picks! Especially the Seagull 78!

Funny, I was in a closeout store just yesterday and they had those breakout units on the shelf, which I thought was cool, but they were overpriced and you couldn't try them out.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Great Picks! Especially the Seagull 78!

Funny, I was in a closeout store just yesterday and they had those breakout units on the shelf, which I thought was cool, but they were overpriced and you couldn't try them out.

I googled it to ensure it was what I thought it was ...

http://edladdin.com/Seagull-78-Controller-Adapter-ec-2-001.htm

, it had a really nice review ;) 

I googled it to ensure it was what I thought it was ...

http://edladdin.com/Seagull-78-Controller-Adapter-ec-2-001.htm

, it had a really nice review ;)

That's great! I had no idea he embedded the review into his page!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Great stuff Chas!! Isn't the box going out to Rick next then me after him?

Willie:  Do you have an ordered list for participants?   Just so we all know ahead of time. 

Life is good when there's a junk box in circulation!  :wub:

Thanks.

Archived