Atari I/O Retro Junk Box V: The Retro Strikes Back!

RJBV is at my post office!  I'll be able to pick it up late tonight or tomorrow, and I should be able to get it turned around and back out the door by Saturday morning/afternoon.  Stay tuned...

Wow, nice job for a change Houston. :)

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Update!  RJBV has made its way from Texas and arrived safe and sound.  Opened it this afternoon, unpacked it, took out some awesome stuff, added back in some awesome stuff, and just finished doing the Tetris thing to cram everything in.  I'll post a photo showing what I took out (along with some general photos of the box) later this evening. I wanted to do a video, but between having two root canals done this morning (hey, good times!) and having family come visit for the weekend, it'll have to wait until next time.

The RJB will get started on its way to correagonzalez tomorrow morning!

Update!  RJBV has made its way from Texas and arrived safe and sound.  Opened it this afternoon, unpacked it, took out some awesome stuff, added back in some awesome stuff, and just finished doing the Tetris thing to cram everything in.  I'll post a photo showing what I took out (along with some general photos of the box) later this evening. I wanted to do a video, but between having two root canals done this morning (hey, good times!) and having family come visit for the weekend, it'll have to wait until next time.

Looking forward to the pics! 

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

sorry 'bout the visiting family  ...  :mac_bomb:

looking forward to the pics myself :) but no hurry

:nintendo_mario_pill:  :nintendo_mario_dr_mario:

First up -- the box itself!  Overall, it's still in pretty decent shape.  The corners are slightly mashed, but the amount of tape on the box is definitely helping.  We might very well get through the entire junk box round without needing a new box.

27923389702_1574387929_c.jpg

27923389432_139bb990a0_c.jpg

Goodness awaits inside...

First up -- the box itself!  Overall, it's still in pretty decent shape.  The corners are slightly mashed, but the amount of tape on the box is definitely helping.  We might very well get through the entire junk box round without needing a new box.

27923389702_1574387929_c.jpg

27923389432_139bb990a0_c.jpg

Goodness awaits inside...

when I first receiced it from Willie I noticed he taped the corner seam really well  

the box is in great shape ... do not cover the bar code with stickers to much ... I see a couple of close ones (namely intellivision one on top) ...should be ok though  :vulcan_salute:

Earlier this week in chat, I mentioned that there ought to be room in the box for some nice gold bullion, and that Rowsdower70 should feel free to slip some in, you know, as a gesture of goodwill.  So I open the box, and...

27923388932_709f591a68_c.jpg

Is it?  Could it be?!  Wait, why does one of our cats seem extra interested in the box?

27411692973_cc551de4b2.jpg

No gold.  Just gold-wrapped chicken(?) BOUILLON.

28025939195_7910e128e3_z.jpg

Pac-Man can have it.

Earlier this week in chat, I mentioned that there ought to be room in the box for some nice gold bullion, and that Rowsdower70 should feel free to slip some in, you know, as a gesture of goodwill.  So I open the box, and...

27923388932_709f591a68_c.jpg

Is it?  Could it be?!  Wait, why does one of our cats seem extra interested in the box?

27411692973_cc551de4b2.jpg

No gold.  Just gold-wrapped chicken(?) BOUILLON.

28025939195_7910e128e3_z.jpg

Pac-Man can have it.

Hahaha! nice rosdower on the bullion!

Okay, here's what I took out of RJBV:

28026759015_9e460eb43e_c.jpg

(The red splotch covers up something I put back into the box.)

I've never had an Atari Flashback, so I was really happy to get this one -- a Flashback 4.  It has Tempest!  (Well, the unfinished one for the 2600, anyway.)  I'm super excited -- wireless controllers with my Atari gaming?  Well, I never!

Crypts of Chaos  is  was one of the 20th Century Fox carts I still had on my want-list, so that was a very welcome pickup.  And the 7800 games (Joust & Ms. Pac-Man) are two that I was definitely wanting to add to my collection.  I took Asteroids to make room for a different 2600 cart.  I haven't yet checked to see which version of Asteroids it is; will it be the one with or without the copyright screen?  Place your bets now!  I was also pleased to get the mega rare photocopy label variation of Frogger.  :D

Took four manuals I didn't have: 2600 Defender, 2600 RealSports Football, the 1983 version of the Atari 5200 owner's manual (I honestly didn't know there was a different one to the original dark-colored one!), and the accompanying "How to set up this wacky switchbox thing-a-ma-jig": something that Santa Claus could definitely have used at the 11th hour on Christmas Eve 1984!

I snagged the other Trivial Pursuit joystick piece (w/pie pieces), an MST3K DVD (The Leech Woman -- yes!), a Pac-Man monster ghost tin with sour candies, and...

An awesome Game Boy Advance 453-in-1 multi-cart!  I'm hoping I can either trade for a GBA or pick one up for a good price somewhere, because a multi-cart is *exactly* how I prefer to get into new systems.  In the interim I plan to loan it to my little cousin, who still uses his GBA pretty regularly.

Great success!

Archived