Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Atari I/O Retro Junk Box V: The Retro Strikes Back!

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#81 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 3,033 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

Its funny, your label said 3 days, but only took 1!

My label said 2 days, but took almost a week!

I blame the Chicago Hub. I hear we're lucky the box got out alive from there!

Remember: Always blame Chicago!  ^_^

• Rowsdower70 likes this

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#82 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,254 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:55 PM

What a quick trip from the land of the RickR!   
tRgcTuB.jpg?1

Stay tuned!

America rides Atari!  :rofl:

• Retrogamer81081 likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#83 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:43 PM

Uploading the video now, until then, how about some pics of the box deco?  Sorry for the strange rotations, imgur wont let me edit rotation in album format! 

ngLeZ6D.jpg7rF8kkM.jpgUpOgdvs.jpg

• RickR, nosweargamer, chas10e and 2 others like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#84 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:03 PM

• Justin, MaximumRD, RickR and 6 others like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#85 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,277 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:14 PM

Excellent video yo. 

• Justin, nosweargamer and Rowsdower70 like this

#86 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 3,033 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:18 PM

Oh! You got the Thunder Ground with the limited edition label! Lucky Fella!

Good picks! The LamaRama really tempted me, but I rarely play games on my computer.

• Justin and Rowsdower70 like this

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#87 Retrogamer81081

Retrogamer81081

Apple Member

• 562 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:24 AM

Great stuff and great video! There is a mod to have a thumbstick for the directional pad on the NES Max controller.
  • Justin and Rowsdower70 like this

#88 correagonzalez

correagonzalez

Pretzel Member

• 399 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:54 PM

Nice video Rowsdower! Nice selection, haven't seen one of those Nes Max controllers in a while
  • Rowsdower70 likes this

#89 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:46 PM

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but Thunderground is pretty neat man!

#90 Ballblaɀer

Ballblaɀer

Defender

• 465 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:40 AM

RJBV is at my post office!  I'll be able to pick it up late tonight or tomorrow, and I should be able to get it turned around and back out the door by Saturday morning/afternoon.  Stay tuned...

• RickR, nosweargamer, Rowsdower70 and 3 others like this

#91 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:39 AM

RJBV is at my post office!  I'll be able to pick it up late tonight or tomorrow, and I should be able to get it turned around and back out the door by Saturday morning/afternoon.  Stay tuned...

Wow, nice job for a change Houston. :)

• nosweargamer, Retrogamer81081 and Ballblaɀer like this

#92 correagonzalez

correagonzalez

Pretzel Member

• 399 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:29 PM

Wow, nice job for a change Houston. :)

You got that right, last time the junk box decided to go on a road trip lol

Edited by correagonzalez, 30 June 2016 - 07:49 PM.

#93 correagonzalez

correagonzalez

Pretzel Member

• 399 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:30 PM

RJBV is at my post office! I'll be able to pick it up late tonight or tomorrow, and I should be able to get it turned around and back out the door by Saturday morning/afternoon. Stay tuned...

Looking forward to it! Please let us know of whatever to take out of the junk box😊
  • Rowsdower70 likes this

#94 Ballblaɀer

Ballblaɀer

Defender

• 465 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:13 PM

Update!  RJBV has made its way from Texas and arrived safe and sound.  Opened it this afternoon, unpacked it, took out some awesome stuff, added back in some awesome stuff, and just finished doing the Tetris thing to cram everything in.  I'll post a photo showing what I took out (along with some general photos of the box) later this evening. I wanted to do a video, but between having two root canals done this morning (hey, good times!) and having family come visit for the weekend, it'll have to wait until next time.

The RJB will get started on its way to correagonzalez tomorrow morning!

• RickR and Rowsdower70 like this

#95 correagonzalez

correagonzalez

Pretzel Member

• 399 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:23 PM

Pictures are good enough with me, just take care of things first.👍
  • Rowsdower70 likes this

#96 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

Update!  RJBV has made its way from Texas and arrived safe and sound.  Opened it this afternoon, unpacked it, took out some awesome stuff, added back in some awesome stuff, and just finished doing the Tetris thing to cram everything in.  I'll post a photo showing what I took out (along with some general photos of the box) later this evening. I wanted to do a video, but between having two root canals done this morning (hey, good times!) and having family come visit for the weekend, it'll have to wait until next time.

Looking forward to the pics! 

#97 chas10e

chas10e

Pretzel Member

• 438 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:23 PM

sorry 'bout the visiting family  ...  :mac_bomb:

looking forward to the pics myself :) but no hurry

:nintendo_mario_pill:  :nintendo_mario_dr_mario:

• Rowsdower70 likes this

#98 Ballblaɀer

Ballblaɀer

Defender

• 465 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:26 PM

First up -- the box itself!  Overall, it's still in pretty decent shape.  The corners are slightly mashed, but the amount of tape on the box is definitely helping.  We might very well get through the entire junk box round without needing a new box.

27923389702_1574387929_c.jpg

27923389432_139bb990a0_c.jpg

Goodness awaits inside...

#99 chas10e

chas10e

Pretzel Member

• 438 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:39 PM

First up -- the box itself!  Overall, it's still in pretty decent shape.  The corners are slightly mashed, but the amount of tape on the box is definitely helping.  We might very well get through the entire junk box round without needing a new box.

27923389702_1574387929_c.jpg

27923389432_139bb990a0_c.jpg

Goodness awaits inside...

when I first receiced it from Willie I noticed he taped the corner seam really well  

the box is in great shape ... do not cover the bar code with stickers to much ... I see a couple of close ones (namely intellivision one on top) ...should be ok though  :vulcan_salute:

• AtariBrian likes this

#100 Ballblaɀer

Ballblaɀer

Defender

• 465 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:43 PM

Earlier this week in chat, I mentioned that there ought to be room in the box for some nice gold bullion, and that Rowsdower70 should feel free to slip some in, you know, as a gesture of goodwill.  So I open the box, and...

27923388932_709f591a68_c.jpg

Is it?  Could it be?!  Wait, why does one of our cats seem extra interested in the box?

27411692973_cc551de4b2.jpg

No gold.  Just gold-wrapped chicken(?) BOUILLON.

28025939195_7910e128e3_z.jpg

Pac-Man can have it.

• AtariBrian, chas10e, Retrogamer81081 and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users