Experimenting with repro Activision labels

Rowsdower70

I have a growing collection of Activision games with horrible, or no label at all.   So I decided to see how hard it would be to make our own (with Mrs. Rowsdower's help!)

Seaquest was our first attempt, and I cut it rather sloppy.   Then I decided to try again with a copy of Spider Fighter I think I got from No Swear Gamer and I think it turned out pretty nice.

13221070_10206509578720217_950605798889913240773_10206509579080226_383665050365013239948_10206509579680241_1896203535408

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Yeah, they look good. At first glance I didn't even think otherwise and was like " ok, where's the repro labeled ones " lol but yeah, if you're being overly observant you can tell but again, you would have to be really looking and then probably compare it with another Activision cart. The Spider Fighter version turned out best!

A better option than just tossing or completely discarding perfectly good carts with torn/ripped/destroyed labels!

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

Avery full sheet labels are what we used.  Printed them off on the color laser printer at Jennifer's place of work.   The only thing in question is how well they will hold up to use, but it can't be worse than stock Activision labels!  If you notice the vertical line on the right of the carts, that's where the backing was split by the manufacturer.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Be sure to give HERO the proper Activision treatment. The USA label art weirded me out...

4353728469_9c2e9c2a61_z.jpg

I need a copy of H.E.R.O. first!   I wouldn't care what the label looked like. ;)

It was kind of jarring when Activision switched to those weird brown labels (Pitfall 2, for example). 

Pitfall II looks okay, but it doesn't look Activision.   At least they seemed to have upgraded their glue at that point, because decent labeled Pitfall II's aren't hard to find.

Archived