Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Zarlor Mercenary Review - Atari Lynx - Raze - March 1991

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 545 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:10 AM

Scan provided by Lost Dragon - Enjoy!

zarlor_mercenary.jpg

• MaximumRD and Lost Dragon like this

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#2 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:03 AM

Les went on to write for Gamesmaster Magazine and in the early days, appeared to be very much a fan of the Jaguar.

I used to enjoy reading his reviews etc, but by time of Missile Command on Jaguar, he appeared to of joined the jaded by Atari's releases brigade and i got the impression he'd rather of been given a PS1 or Saturn game to review.

Anywho, Raze, as you'll see, did give great coverage to the Atari formats:ST, 7800, Lynx and report on Panther, Jaguar etc.

Not all of it was 100% accurate mind, claims of being able to play 7800 Turrican....

Lynx Strider II 50% complete (never been able to confirm it was ever started myself),

ST/Amiga 9 Lives being considered for Lynx conversion (see my interview with Chris Butler for that, lol) but great magazine, sadly very short lived.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users