Complete Collections?

laddersandcakes

Hey peeps, I'm just curious if anyone on here has a complete 7800 game collection? I was poking around on Wikipedia, just browsing through the games listed there, and it definitely seems like a fairly manageable set to go after, if the numbers listed there are accurate (~86, including newer homebrews). I'm wondering, too, if there's any debate on the list found there; I know Wikipedia isn't always a paragon of accuracy. 

Even if you aren't finished, are you trying to complete this set? Any obstacles to note? 

I know there is/are dedicated show-off thread(s), but I'd also love to see your 7800 collections if you feel like sharing pics. :)

I have a complete set of the US released games (plus Sentinel), all CIB. Except Tank Command. SCREW YOU TANK COMMAND.

In the 90s, I got a lot of new/complete games from O'Shea's and a guy on Usenet called Nibbler. They were 80 cents and 2 dollars respectively. I found Tank Command and Water Ski loose here in DE, and later got a sealed Water Ski from eBay after a warehouse discovery or something. The last game I needed was Mean 18, which I think I paid 35 for in the early aughts.

I am on the record saying I am going to start selling games off, but I haven't done that yet. I would also like to get some homebrews, of which I have none, and I hear I am missing out.

I don't think there are as many 7800 games as 5200 games, and there aren't too many 7800 games which are that cost prohibitive. I know loose Tank Commands rarely go for less that 100 dollars, but there are quite a few games that are creeping up in price, which I learned from listening to Phil's awesome podcast.

EDIT: forgot pictures.

post-127-0-78401300-1464157491_thumb.jpgpost-127-0-71127200-1464157495_thumb.jpg

Collection envyyyyy.  :thumb:

Yeah, there's 59 licensed 7800 titles, and 69* licensed 5200 titles, so complete collections for both are relatively attainable.  Bounty Bob Strikes Back is the one "grail" title in the Atari 5200 library; loose copies routinely sell for $300+.

I'm now two games away from a complete 5200 collection, and just getting started with the 7800 thanks to an awesome trade from nosweargamer.

*70 if counting Tempest, which was nearly complete and slated for release back-in-the-day, then finished in 2013 by the original programmer, Keithen Hayenga.

Whoa, thanks for sharing, ferg (sorry for the shortening)! Amazing collection and the info is appreciated, too. 

Thanks to everyone else, too. Man, Ballblazer, I didn't know the 5200 library was so small. $300 isn't anything to sneeze at, but I'm so used to Nintendo and Sega prices that it doesn't seem so bad, ha. I don't mind spending that much on a single game if it's to complete a set and is the only super expensive (a relative term, I guess) game. First thing's first with the 7800, though; is there anything similarly high in price these days? Ferg alreadly mentioned Tank Command. I'm not really particular, thankfully, so I don't mind if I can't get everything boxed. I might get a lot of things boxed, though, since the costs generally aren't too bad and new/CIB seem abundant. 

Archived