Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Atari Falcon030 Brochures

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 602 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:45 AM

Not one but two Atari Falcon brochures! I find the 2nd one interesting as it's much more elaborate than the 4-page U.S. one.

Attached File  Atari_Falcon030_Brochure_1992.pdf   2.1MB   81 downloads

Attached File  atarifalcon030.pdf   13.31MB   48 downloads

• MaximumRD and Lost Dragon like this

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#2 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:19 PM

My phone struggled to download 1 of the PDF files, not sure why, will try again later, but...of the brochure i did look at, interesting to see Atari talk up the Virtual reality of the Games aspect of the device, True Colour etc, but also that reference the Blitter...something the aging Amiga hardware had as standard, the STE included but wasn't quite what many expected and, if you look at a few of the UK coders quotes i've put up here before, not every Amiga coder saw it as the be all and end all, so to myself, promoting this aspect of the hardware seemed a bit...behind the times perhaps?.

Also Atari might of done themselves more 'favours' in terms of selling the Falcon on the games aspect by annoucing exclusive to the Falcon..or only Falcon makes X,Y and Z possible, as it was i didn't see a single game mentioned.

Something like Space Junk (ok, it never made it) just being included might of inspired more confidence and would only of cost a few lines of text...

#3 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 602 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:02 AM

They certainly didn't tout it as a games machine as much as it seems to appear they wanted it to be a miracle of a multimedia machine. I've yet to see any video titling available anything for the Falcon, though I'm sure at the time there could have been a very limited option. It's too bad the software just wasn't really there. The second PDF file is 13MB so it's probably why your phone struggled.

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#4 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:27 AM

:-) mine is a Sony phone, it struggles period at times.

It was very interesting to read through that advertising campain, which as you say, sees Atari pitching the Falcon very much as THE Multimedia machine (as that was the buzzword at the time) and yet as you saw with the Clash Of The Titan's press clipping you kindly put up on here, they were also keen to promote the games aspest of it via Gamesmaster magazine and the video sequence they had on Gamesmaster TV show (mag and show run independent of each other)....

So yet again you saw Atari trying to cover all the bases and suggest it was the 1 stop platform, no matter what you needed from a 32 bit Home Micro, Falcon would do it all.

• Clint Thompson likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users