CX-30 Evolved Paddle Controllers

MalakZero

On 6/7/2016 at 4:23 AM, MalakZero said:

I was wondering if anyone here has tried these out?  They look like a fantastic use of the Pro-Line Joystick model.

http://www.atarisales.com/cx30evolved.html

cx30front.jpg

Hi MalakZero,

thanks for the nice compliment, i am the one who engineered the CX-30 Evolved paddle controllers.

they are out right now, i need to get more built. they work well, and are a bit faster than the original paddle controller. i was almost out of the original paddle controllers, when i thought about all of the Atari 7800 controllers i had left, and what to do with them? then i got a idea to convert them into dual-button paddle controllers.

it took a while to find the right pots to use, you cannot use the original ones very well, they work, but just barely, it's tough to get them just right.

then there was the glue problem. but in the end, it all came together, and voila! i engineered them, patent pending and all.

i bought 1000s of proline joysticks from Atari, that were customer returns from Atari. at one time i thought "what am i going to do with all these?" today with the original paddle controllers disappearing, the CX-30 evolved selling, best electronics gold upgrades, my 7800 grip stick upgrade which requires a proline joystick cable, and another project i am looking at that will require more proline parts, i can see the end coming much much sooner than i ever thought.

thanks for your interests  :invader:

Lance

post-1-0-44793300-1465351593_thumb.jpg

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

On 6/11/2016 at 11:48 PM, kamakazi20012 said:

I know that anything coming from Lance will be top-notch. I have been dealing with him since 1998 without any issues. I do wonder how these controllers slipped by me? I can say that the Grip Stick is a much needed accessory for the ProSystem.

I have known Lance since 1995. He has never steered me wrong. Good guy, that Lance. :O)

5 minutes ago, aaron1677 said:

Does anyone know if these are available to purchase anywhere? This link says they are on back order: 

For those that purchased this year, any idea when they might be available on this site, or if they might be available anywhere else?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @aaron1677, we're giving away a pair of CX-30 Evolved Atari 7800 Paddle Controllers away for free here, be sure to join!

8 hours ago, aaron1677 said:

Does anyone know if these are available to purchase anywhere? This link says they are on back order: 

For those that purchased this year, any idea when they might be available on this site, or if they might be available anywhere else?

Thanks in advance!

Aaron, have you tried sending email to Lance? He’s been responsive whenever I send email to place an order. I bought mine a couple of months ago but it didn’t show as back ordered then. 

13 hours ago, socrates63 said:

Aaron, have you tried sending email to Lance? He’s been responsive whenever I send email to place an order. I bought mine a couple of months ago but it didn’t show as back ordered then. 

Lance is active in the forums here as well, I'm sure he'll see this. @Video 61

On 11/19/2020 at 12:38 PM, aaron1677 said:

Thanks in advance!

hi,

we are in the process of having more made. please watch our web site, we will remove the on back order as soon as they come in again.

thanks for your patience,

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

hi everyone,

i have a small supply of cx-30 evolved paddle controllers in stock now. its first come first served, they are $39.95  piece plus shipping, limit one. they have not been removed as back ordered off of www.atarisales.com because the supply is small and will run out fast.

please e-mail me only at,

video61@atarisales.com

www.video61atarisales@gmail.com

thanks,

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500