NSG's Plug n Play Reviews

I confess. I like Plug n Play units. Perhaps its something about having a bunch of console or arcade games from my childhood all packed into a single joystick. They also seem to be one of my most popular review features on my channel.  So I decided to make a thread highlighting them, in case you enjoy them too.

I'll start with a unit I just got from a trade here on the forums from Rowsdower!

It's the Namco Pac-Man TV Games unit by Jakks Pacific:

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

PnP's are great & you touched on their charm ... their colorful design & pretty accurate gameplay

if you see these games in an arcade don't pass them by ...

Bosconian plays better in the arcade because of the 8 way joystick as opposed to the 4 way joystick on this unit  you'll see in  attract mode ship moving diagonally as it should be able to.  

I had toyed with the idea of finding a way to eliminate "the re-stricter plate" on the inside but didn't want to destroy my unit. 

Well, great.  Now I have to watch ALL the plug and play reviews.  Bye bye afternoon productivity. 

#BingeWatchingNoSwearGamer

What's funny is I still need to review the mini atari joystick pnp I got from the junk box which I thought came from you!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Here's the first one I did for the Ms Pac Man Plug n Play

(Being one of my earlier episodes, I was still trying to find my groove)

Edited by nosweargamer

Am I the only one that thinks the "bad" reviews are the most fun to watch?  The Coleco review is classic. 

the review wasn't bad , just the games were bad .... & the names were NOT changed to protect the innocent

I hadn't ever tried the coleco one myself ...it just looked bad ... but it was certainly better than it looked by the review ... 

so great job on all PnP's I have seen so far :thumb:

And here's the Wheel Of Fortune Pnp (I like it with this units create special controllers for the game)

yeah this thing is great family fun ...

I got this the same time I got my Vectrex & after setting that up I was testing out the PnP when some of my nephews arrived

we played the PNP for hours & my Vectrex got very little attention :unsure: 

instead of playing like they do on the TV show with a courteous clap as the wheel spins , they will chant "Bankrupt - Lose a Turn" hoping the get the control of the wheel. :rofl:

the gold colored one you mentioned near the end of the video get's rid of the "D-pad".  letter selection is done with the wheel that spins left & right.

And here the Space Invaders Retro Arcade, which should catch me up on the old ones.

I hope to have an Activision Plug n Play review done in the next week or so.

Just in time for the PnP chat tonight:

I got one of these as a gift wanting a key-chain ...

it did fit in my pocket ok , but was worried about breaking the stick in my pocket , it did sort of fold off to one side , I took it out of daily use there & do use it as a key-chain for my Atari cabinet

I would like the paddle key-chain for the other door & perhaps my car keys ...

but ebay prices seem to high on these for my blood, waiting for one to show up in a thrift ;)