Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Your Atari "firsts" memories and experiences...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,331 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:40 AM

Now that I think about it. Every new console after the Atari 5200 I received was either a Christmas or birthday gift until the 32-bit era came along. All Atari stuff, less line XEGS and Lynx, were Christmas gifts. Games, too.

I remember having a PlayStation and at least 10 games. Most of those games are considered best on the system now. Where I lived at the time there was a game trading store called Game X Change. I walked in and seen the Jaguar and Lynx stuff and went mental. I went home, gathered up all my PlayStation stuff, and traded it in for a Lynx II, a few games, and the large padded case...plus a power supple and I still had some credit left over. All Lynx stuff was new in the box. I left at Moms house and when she passed her house got ransacked before I could go and retrieve my belongings. They didn't take the Saturn that was there. Go figure.
  • MaximumRD likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users